• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
SHAD-MO34_V1-BIG.jpg

I picked up this one in black... it was like $150 with the coupon but cheaper in states other than CA b/c of no tax.

Mr Sola

Reaction score
So if I'm a 42L, do I go for 40R or 40L?

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you're a size large, buy the one I have for sale, below, from Yoko Devereaux.

(sorry for the shameless plug)

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr Sola
So if I'm a 42L, do I go for 40R or 40L?

40L. You probably don't want to risk the sleeves being too short.

snuffy

Reaction score
Drizzt3117

How warm is that Shades of Greige coat? I'm guessing that in Orange County you do not need a warm coat? For some reason the grey coat "looks warmer" than the black!

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The idea of a white peacoat intrigues me. Any idea where one might be found?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's not super warm, I'm not really sure what to compare it to. Certainly I wouldn't wear it in a Midwestern winter.

Stazy:

A white peacoat would be useful for blending in with the snow, I suppose.

Philosoph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking to purchase a sterlingwear peacoat for this winter, but I'm unsure of what size to get. My chest is 41 inches, but my waist is only 30, so if I wear anything actually sized to my chest I look like a very comical box. I normally wear a 38S. I've read that the standard advice for sterlingwear is to size down for a slimmer fit, but in my case would that mean sizing down from 41 to 38, or from 38 to 36? Thanks for your help.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should always size down on Sterlingwear. Don't get size Q, get size P, or even O for a really slim fit.

rotflmao.gif

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You won't fit into a 36. It sounds like 38 is your size if you don't layer. If you do, 40 is what you need.

Philosoph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I had a suspicion that I might look like a stuffed sausage in a 36. But not as much as in an O...

dave

Reaction score
definitely go a size up if you are going to wear anything the least bit bulky under it. i just got one and I went to a 46 instead of my usual 44. I'll have it nipped in a bit in the waist just to get the fit down from the big box but if I had gone with a 44 I'd never have been able to fit it over a sweater and still be able to breathe.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krow13