• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nogo
How long is too long? It's way past my butt.
Way too big for you.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
Way too big for you.

thats pretty big.

normally its not longer than a suit jacket.
sometimes its even shorter than a suit.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nogo
How long is too long? It's way past my butt.

thanks for that, it's big but not huge, like a son wearing daddy's coat.

You have a 37" chest? what about shoulders?
would you say it's a muscular built or thin?

thanks for giving me a reference point!

uw2011

Reaction score
Hello! This is my first post on Style Forum and I was hoping to get some advice on my recent purchase: size 42 pea coat from my semi-local military surplus store. It feels a little big around my abdomen, but otherwise alright everywhere else. I'm 6'3" and 175#, so it's a bit hard to find things that have a good fit. What adjustments do I need to have made and what's the best way to find a tailor in my region (SE Wyoming).

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's huge around the torso in general for sure, your swimming in it!

The shoulders look okay, but it's hard to tell, because the fit is very off.
As long as the shoulder pads on the Peacoat fall over your natural shoulders it should be okay.

Looks from the pictures that you'll have to get the waist suppressed significantly.
I also think you'd benefit from taking it in at the chest.

If you are happy with the way the shoulders fit, your best bet is to get a professional tailor's advice.

Asking friends/family is best or try yelp.com and the like online.
Maybe even this forum has advice.

i.e. there is a thread named: "Good tailor in Vancouver?" helped me a lot.

Nogo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blazingazn
thanks for that, it's big but not huge, like a son wearing daddy's coat.

You have a 37" chest? what about shoulders?
would you say it's a muscular built or thin?

thanks for giving me a reference point!

Yeah you're right about the way it looks.

Um I guess I'd say it's a muscular build (not saying I'm swoll or anything haha). And my shoulders are 18".

Nogo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by uw2011
Hello! This is my first post on Style Forum and I was hoping to get some advice on my recent purchase: size 42 pea coat from my semi-local military surplus store. It feels a little big around my abdomen, but otherwise alright everywhere else. I'm 6'3" and 175#, so it's a bit hard to find things that have a good fit. What adjustments do I need to have made and what's the best way to find a tailor in my region (SE Wyoming).

I'd take a lot of the waste in and it'll improve the look big time.

2balls

Reaction score
Need advice- read through entire thread and haven't seen my measurements so here it goes:
muscular build
42" chest
185 lbs
33" waist

I was thinking 40R. Should I size down to 38 as my waist is disproportionately small to my upper bod.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Decided to go for a Temple of Jawnz Peacoat. Love the great construction and high quality source materials. Also has a slim fit style and overall very nice details that stand out. I want the LODEN GREEN color Peacoat. Only thing is I'm not sure how green it is and I only want a hint of green. Anyone have any fit pics or color accurate pics to ease my concerns? I want this Pea to be matchable and versatile with any number of outfits I have. Thanks! -R.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure the color in the swatch pic is accurate:
eg3lep.jpg
Honestly, its a pretty neutral color. Unless you wear fluorescent houndstooth pants or something I think you'll be fine. EDIT: Drew *did* say fairly recently that he was not going to offer the peacoat this year in loden green, though.

NameBack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Both are nice. I like the more tapered fit on the second one (the blue one on the right).

What are they/how much/where to get?

bimmer35

Reaction score
Hi everyone, following the advice of many in this thread, I decided to take a trip to the local surplus store. Unfortunately, sizing was pretty limited... however, I did find a Neil Cooper USA peacoat that fit me pretty well. Does anybody have any comments on the quality of these peacoats or Neil Cooper jackets in general? Couldn't find too much info online.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads