1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ruzzi, Mar 30, 2006.

1. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Posted a few months back in the waywrn thread. I need this fucking coat. Anyone know what it is or some similar options?

2. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

pm RFX and ask him...

3. brianoh

brianoh Senior Member

Posted a few months back in the waywrn thread. I need this fucking coat. Anyone know what it is or some similar options?

Looks like previous season's Vince peacoat sweater.

here's a link to this year's, which to me isn't as nice - link

4. Pngwyn

Pngwyn Well-Known Member

I just received this peacoat from UO: http://cache-images.pronto.com/thumb...59_291x431.jpg It's actually nicer than I expected, the hood is awesome, and the fit is really good. I would suggest it to anyone looking for a ~$100 peacoat. They have a 10% off + free shipping coupon right now so I got mine for about $130 total. Pics on the site don't really do it justice..

5. Jay687

Jay687 Senior Member

Anyone know if the lengths stated on Sterlingwear size charts are accurate?

I am specifically looking at getting the short, but definitely needs to be at least 30" long, which they are according to size chart. However, I wanna make sure they are actually the length they state. Can anyone with 36s or 38s verify length?

Also, are authentic ones longer than classic? I saw a picture somewhere of someone in the short classic and it was WAY short (and the guy said he was only 5'4")... so hoping authentics are longer maybe.

6. J-Roc88

J-Roc88 New Member

7. deluxdylan

deluxdylan Member

Hey I'm brand new here, but I've been looking for the perfect peacoat for months. From what I've read here, Sterlingwear has what I'm looking for. I don't want one too long and I want to keep it closer to my waist. My question/problem is that i have no idea which peacoat I should get and what size i should get. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Height: 5'10
    Weight: 155
    Chest: 36"
    Waist: 32"-33"

8. Green_Pinguin

Green_Pinguin Active Member

I would recommend you to read a few pages back of the threat. There are many good suggestions for a nice looking peacoat, so you first can find out what type of pea coat you`re looking for. A classic one or a bit more modern looking. That takes a bit of time, I can say this from my one experiences [​IMG] but I`ve found my favorite for this year.

9. masterllama

masterllama Senior Member

Hey I'm brand new here, but I've been looking for the perfect peacoat for months. From what I've read here, Sterlingwear has what I'm looking for. I don't want one too long and I want to keep it closer to my waist. My question/problem is that i have no idea which peacoat I should get and what size i should get. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Height: 5'10
    Weight: 155
    Chest: 36"
    Waist: 32"-33"

I have similar specs, a little skinnier, and went with 34R

10. deluxdylan

deluxdylan Member

I have similar specs, a little skinnier, and went with 34R
    How does it fit? So should I go with a 36R? And It's between the authentic and classic. Do you know which one gets a better fit?

11. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Distinguished Member

I'm also looking for a decent Peacoat in the $150-200 range. I'm really digging that Indochino, but I just don't think I can afford it this winter. Last year Gap had one that probably fit me the best out of all coats that I have ever tried on, so I'll probably go back and see if they have any this season. I checked out H&M and theirs sucked, as usual. I never really liked their coats: there's always some little thing that gets to me, or the fit is just stupid. Looks like a lot of people are recommending Sterling, but those coats look really boxy to me. I guess I'm going for a more modern, fitted look. Like the Indochino haha. But around $150-200. Ideas?

12. entrero

entrero Distinguished Member

^Teh whole point of this 145+ page thread is to tell you to size down for that fitted look. You blind?

13. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Distinguished Member

No, just lazy.

I'll trawl through the thread some more.

14. mrpress

mrpress Active Member

Alright I know this probably isn't SF-approved but what do you guys think of this peacoat from Lands End? http://bit.ly/d37471 The first and second pictures don't look great but the third and fourth look decent. Medium Tall fits me best OTR - need the extra sleeve length and large tall is too big, so that basically leaves me with LE, J Crew, and Banana Republic. I like the J Crew but it's double the price of LE on sale and a bit out of my budget. I'm 27 and would like something more modern fitting so I'm a bit weary of this. Would you take a chance with free shipping and free returns? [​IMG]

15. armaja71

armaja71 New Member

I am looking for a peacoat that is in the attached picture...or something similar. I am 6'4" and wear a 44XL jacket normally. Ive been looking for a peacoat with a similar collar to the one in the picture.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    [​IMG]