MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ruzzi, Mar 30, 2006.

1. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

kenneth cole reaction lmao...two buttons came off within a month or two of wear, had to resew them. It has a more older cut to it I think, and I'm quite young ([​IMG]) so I think something more modernized would fit my style better. Something like that ToJ peacoat, but with a constricted budget.

Nothing wrong with a classically styled peacoat. If you're looking for a more modern cut there are some decent examples floating around this thread.

2. Lemieux

Lemieux Member

Since my searches for "peacoat" and "Sterlingwear" directed me to this thread, I figure that I'll ask a variation of a popular SF question.

I plan to purchase the Sterlingwear Authentic Pea Coat. The recommendation in this thread seems to be to either order according to the sizing guide or to drop one size down according to the sizing guide.

The sizing guide says I should order a 42. Would a 40 be pushing it? I'd like the fit to be trim but with enough room to add a layer or two.

Also, given my height, does anyone have any advice whether I should order a short or a regular length?

Here are my stats:
    Height = 5'6"-5'7"
    Chest = 40"
    Waist = 39"
    Hips = 40"
    Weight = 185 lbs

3. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

^ i wonder whose sock puppet you are?

4. Pngwyn

Pngwyn Well-Known Member

Hey guys.. I gave my Kenneth Cole Reaction peacoat to my brother since I didn't really like the fit so I'm in the market for a nice black peacoat for the winter. My budget is pretty low, probably looking at $75-150, not looking for anything amazing quality, but something decent/sturdy for the price that I can pop the collar on xD

Any suggestions?

5. joei

joei Senior member

Hey guys.. I gave my Kenneth Cole Reaction peacoat to my brother since I didn't really like the fit so I'm in the market for a nice black peacoat for the winter. My budget is pretty low, probably looking at $75-150, not looking for anything amazing quality, but something decent/sturdy for the price that I can pop the collar on xD

Any suggestions?

uniqlo <~

ebay <~

6. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

Any suggestions?

Dunderdon & J Crew.

If you can lift your budget to $200-250 some way better options open up.

7. danilo

danilo Senior member

Since my searches for "peacoat" and "Sterlingwear" directed me to this thread, I figure that I'll ask a variation of a popular SF question.

I plan to purchase the Sterlingwear Authentic Pea Coat. The recommendation in this thread seems to be to either order according to the sizing guide or to drop one size down according to the sizing guide.

The sizing guide says I should order a 42. Would a 40 be pushing it? I'd like the fit to be trim but with enough room to add a layer or two.

Also, given my height, does anyone have any advice whether I should order a short or a regular length?

Here are my stats:
    Height = 5'6"-5'7"
    Chest = 40"
    Waist = 39"
    Hips = 40"
    Weight = 185 lbs

You should definitely get a 40 and I think a regular would be fine... the length isn't much different but the sleeve length is a bit short on the 'short'.

I'm a 38 and I got a 36 Sterlingwear, I think I could have dropped down another size too.

I think a 40 would work for you.

8. Pngwyn

Pngwyn Well-Known Member

Dunderdon & J Crew. If you can lift your budget to $200-250 some way better options open up.
    What brands would I be looking at for $200-250? I might just hold off and save some since it's not winter yet anyways. And what's your definition of "better"?

9. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

What do you folks think of this Navy Peacoat from Indochino?

I have a failed Grey Overcoat I need to remake and they will allow any new material I want.

http://www.indochino.com/product/The_Navy_Peacoat

Also I notice most Peacoats are short? I wear about a 30" suit jacket/blazer I have 18" shoulders 38" chest.

How long should my Peacoat be?

10. Mr_Incognito

Mr_Incognito Senior member

My Girlfriend got this Pea Coat for me but I believe it is one size large for me [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Green_Pinguin

Green_Pinguin Active Member

Hi

I`m searching for a black, more modern looking peacoat, with a slightly tailored fit, that holds
    me really warm these winter. I want spending about 100 $. What would you recommend me? Thanks for your help!

12. Kvc06

Kvc06 Senior member

[​IMG] My favorite <3 900 bucks [​IMG]

13. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

are you fucking serious

godamnit.

take a break from sf for a little while.

14. asdf

asdf Senior member

I have a failed Grey Overcoat I need to remake and they will allow any new material I want.

Also I notice most Peacoats are short? I wear about a 30" suit jacket/blazer I have 18" shoulders 38" chest.

It has a belt, that seems very odd to me.

15. Ren

Ren New Member

I don't like the top button placement at all. Looks like man boobs!