• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mikeharo

Reaction score

Thanks, Mike.

OK, website is back up. I have the dark brown calf double monk, Hiro last.

Brannock: 8.5
AE 5-last: 8
AE 1-last: 8.5
Barrie: 8
Trubalanace: 7.5
C&J 341: 8
C&J 325: 8
Sidi: 41.5

I emailed Meermin those sizes and they advised 7.5. The fit is great and I am happy with the shoes. The shoes seem to have mixed reviews but I enjoy mine and have no quality issues.

Last edited:

FitIs

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently started at a new job and am looking to gift myself some new shoes as part of a wardrobe upgrade. I love the look and price range of Meermin shoes! Planning on getting at least 2 pairs really soon. Initially, I'm thinking of getting both of these:

My feet are wide - 8EE Park Avenue's (5 Last) fit me like a glove. From reading through this thread it seems like I'm going to have to go MTO on this. Does anyone with wider feet have any pointers they can share? I've never ordered MTO order shoes and would love to hear any tips. I'm in touch with Meermin but would love to hear some 3rd party input .

rogejo321

Reaction score
Does anyone have any real life pictures of the burgundy short wing (LM on the olfe last) available on the website? Thinking about pulling the trigger on a pair...

Last edited:

p.henrik

Reaction score

Don't think so. I think the lasted trees are about 60Euros.

Correct - unlasted. Don't think they carry lasted trees - was only on offer on one (or more) of the group MTOs, but they were made by Northampton based Springline and took even longer than the shoes.

Louys

Reaction score
Forgive me if this has been commented on recently and I missed it, but what are the general opinions concerning Meermin's quality in relation to other familiar brands such as Alden, Carmina, and Allen Edmonds?

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently started at a new job and am looking to gift myself some new shoes as part of a wardrobe upgrade. I love the look and price range of Meermin shoes! Planning on getting at least 2 pairs really soon. Initially, I'm thinking of getting both of these:

My feet are wide - 8EE Park Avenue's (5 Last) fit me like a glove. From reading through this thread it seems like I'm going to have to go MTO on this. Does anyone with wider feet have any pointers they can share? I've never ordered MTO order shoes and would love to hear any tips. I'm in touch with Meermin but would love to hear some 3rd party input .

I didn't have an EE width, rather an E, but I actually did a GMTO with Carmina for my staple shoes and went rain and forest extra wide as the cost was rather similar to meermin MTO.

Of course up to you. I have no problems with my meermins and the finishing is very good.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some photos of well worn double monks

About a year and half old, used mainly as bar / club beaters

After a bit of saphir

gtenney

Reaction score
I am looking at getting the tan longwing bluchers. I was wondering if the Rui last typically runs true to size, slightly big, or small. I go back and forth between US 9.5 to US 10 in most of my shoes. On the Allen Edmonds sizing guide I am somewhere between 9.5E US and 10D US. So I keep going back and forth between getting the 9UK or 8.5UK on the Meermin longwing bluchers. Any help on how the Rui last runs would be greatly appreciated or any advice between the 9UK and 8.5UK. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have to say...they have held up quite well. Did you have any issues at all with the shoes after 1.5 yrs?

Slight sole split but no problems outside of that. And sole split is aesthetic only anyways.

Seriously nobody makes a better shoe for $200

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads