• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

terrorsquad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

terror, one question: which last are you planning for the J.L. Vale single monk bootleg?

Timo, most likely a modified Hiro or Olfe to make it sleeker; I'm seeking Pepe's advise on which one will be more suitable to be modified.

I'm thinking of using the museum calf as an insole for the shoes;again have to consult Pepe on whether this is possible but was inspired by a G&G in hatchgrain that I saw in another thread.

Have a few other ideas but will run it thorugh Pepe first :)

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ozzy, glad that Pepe sorted that out for you. I agree, he is fantastic guy to deal with
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

Ok, guys, for the plum museum calf MTO I have decided that we should do 2 styles for the adelaide:

Adelaide 2 (plain with no brogueing ala Carmina )

but will be made similar to this one:

Also, I am thinking of having the soles painted dark red (similar to the plum museum colour) .

So far, based on the pre-orders I have, the response have been very encouraging
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

just for clarity . . . . are we saying plum museum precisely like the carmina above ?
also, price & last check please. apologies if it has already been discussed.

Last edited:

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why you're jimmies are so rustled over creasing.

Are shoes not supposed to crease if MTO??

Please shed some light on this.

There are creases from normal wear and tear, and there are creases from improper sizing.

Worst case, there are creases from not-so-good manufacturing.

My MTO has the the latest, which I mind but couldnt give a **** to resolve.

Last edited:

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There are creases from normal wear and tear, and there are creases from improper sizing.

Worst case, there are creases from not-so-good manufacturing.

My MTO has the the latest, which I mind but couldnt give a **** to resolve.

I mind too and have resolved to try not to give a ****! Shoes crease, I get that, I like that! But looking older than my 20 year old onslows when I've walked half a mile in them is less than I expect for over £300 with a 4 month wait. If I've mis-sized, my bad. I still fail to understand why my larger foot causes serious creases all the way along the side of the shoe while my smaller foot has what I would expect of regular creasing. Anyway it is what it is. I'll live with it and move on

Preparatory

Reaction score
Just received my firat pair of Meermins and I must say it was a disappointment! The suede on the left shoe seems to be damaged as it has become thready and is of lighter color than the right one!

bboysdontcryy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just received my firat pair of Meermins and I must say it was a disappointment! The suede on the left shoe seems to be damaged as it has become thready and is of lighter color than the right one!

Same was true on my suede oxfords I bought some time ago. They said it's the norm, and quite common on most of their suede shoes, and for 160 euros, I couldn't say much.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads