1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. j ingevaldsson

j ingevaldsson Well-Known Member

Well, if you write "I was unfortunate enough to have purchased a pair of their brown tassel loafers listed as size 7 UK. I have 5 pairs of Churches all in size 7 and 3 pairs of Loakes, also in size 7. The loafers are smaller", how should I be able to figure out that you got size 7US? It's easier if you write that, instead of something else. Though I've never heard of Meermin writing out US-sizes in their shoes. Regarding width, like I mentioned before, standard width in one brand doesn't have to be the same standard width in another brand, and even within brands lasts described as standard width may vary in actual width.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  2. konda

konda Well-Known Member

Pasha:
    I've always concluded Meermins to be of equal length with different Loake lasts (Loake 1880 - the others are pretty much shit so I know nothing of them). Then again in many shoes the bigger sizes follow a different pattern and logic than the smaller sizes. Anyways if an F last would fit me, I'd be a 13 in the Hiro as I would be a 13 in the Loake, 024, 026 and Capital lasts.

3. SonofGoldman

SonofGoldman Active Member

I tried a few pairs of loafers (sueded tassel in snuff, and sueded penny loafer in navy). The sizing they gave me based on me providing my shoe size in other makes is a tad generous. I suppose this is to be expected as a touch too big is more amenable than not being able to fit into the pair. I actually kind of like it because I can slip into them without the aid of a shoe horn - are are fairly comfortable and the minor amount of heel slippage is negligible and virtually eliminated if you apply the heel grip available via saphir.

I think I would re-order the same size if they had something that appealed to me.

Edit: I'm not sure if it was due to it being my first pair or the fact that I emailed them regarding my fussiness with regard to detail after placing but before paying for the order but I have not noticed any of the defects in my pair (a small sample size to be sure).

4. patliean1

patliean1 Well-Known Member

Thing is although Kent Wang's bal-boots aren't shell, the over quality and construction of their boots are suppose to be competitive with Edward Green (I think).

HOWEVER, I would be TOTALLY down for a burgundy shell bal-boot from Meermin if the price came out to equal or cheaper than the price for Kent Wang's boots.. Just as long it's on the Olfe or Hiro last with speed hooks. Basically I would want the equivalent of the black shell boot listed on Meermin's site except in burgundy shell.

Is this too much to ask???? Ha...

5. gyasih

gyasih Well-Known Member

Interesting, EG said no problem. I have heard others get it done.

No problem.

6. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Well-Known Member

Might've just been being dicks to me

7. gyasih

gyasih Well-Known Member

I sent an email to Pepe. I should know in a day or so.

Sorry, I was referring to other shoemakers.

8. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Well-Known Member

Good luck. Do your boots fit?

9. gyasih

gyasih Well-Known Member

Yes, and if they stretch I can wear thicker socks.

10. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

Anyone size the Olfe same as Hiro? Meermin delay in email

11. JayH

JayH Well-Known Member

^I placed an order two weeks ago, no reply to any emails or updates...

12. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Well-Known Member

I said this last week, looks like there is / was 3 of us who were all looking at the same boot in shell. They seem happy to offer two options with any MTO; maybe one could be the dark brown shell on the hiro last (as pictured on instagram) and the other being the burgundy on the olfe?

Either way think I'm going to pull the trigger on the KW's, the burgundy on those just looks to be the right shade and yes from all accounts the handgrade quality is very well done. That being said id be in for a group mto still.

13. REguy

REguy Well-Known Member

I'm wear the same size in both. I feel as though the Olfe is slightly longer, but the toe box is more tapered so there's no way I could size down and be comfortable.

1 person likes this.
  14. Hifilover

Hifilover Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Finally received my cordovan double monk and dark brown oxford....I can say it's really worth waiting !

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
    3 people like this.
  15. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Well-Known Member

Looking good Hilofer :)

16. patliean1

patliean1 Well-Known Member

17. REguy

REguy Well-Known Member

Beautiful :drool:

What color shell is that, and can you post pictures after you get a few miles on them?

18. Hifilover

Hifilover Well-Known Member

It is light brown as previously stated in their website. It actually looks something like congac.

19. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

What last are the brown captoe?

20. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Well-Known Member

Looks like the classic line, which means those would be on the Hiro.

1 person likes this.