• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

david123

Reaction score

Ozzy, glad that Pepe sorted that out for you. I agree, he is fantastic guy to deal with
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
Ok, guys, for the plum museum calf MTO I have decided that we should do 2 styles for the adelaide: Adelaide 1 (with brogueing on the toe cap) Adelaide 2 (plain with no brogueing ala Carmina ) but will be made similar to this one: Also, I am thinking of having the soles painted dark red (similar to the plum museum colour) . So let the orders begin. Please send me the following: 1) Full Name 2) Email 3) Shoe preference (adelaide (1), adelaide (2) or single monk ala JL Vale). to this email address: [email protected] I am working with Pepe on certain additional details that will make this MTO even more special compared to the last one but I will update all the participants via email. All the details of the shoe (including insole lining colour etc) will also be informed via email. So far, based on the pre-orders I have, the response have been very encouraging
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
You were working on additional details for the last one! Wha' happened!? You're just a tease TS!
just for clarity . . . . are we saying plum museum precisely like the carmina above ? also, price & last check please. apologies if it has already been discussed.
I'm sorry to be an idiot, but I'm unclear on #2. It will be like the brown one, but no toe cap, yes?

terrorsquad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does Meermin have a last similar to the alcudia from Carmina?

Maybe the Ama last?

Thanks to those who have emailed me for the Plum Museum Calf Group Buy. We have surpassed the minimum of 25 pairs and in the region of 30 pairs for this group buy. I will send you all and email this weekend in which I will wrap up the orders for this group buy.

Last edited:

UnnamedPlayer

Reaction score
Wore my Museum Calf shoes for about 10 hours today, including the 1.5km walk to and from the train, and they came up fine.

Creasing is as expected, however I will say that I think they had done something different with the throat/opening of the shoe, where your foot goes in, as this is a
a lot sloppier than on my previous par of Meermin's.
I am getting some heel slip, however my bigger concern is the bellowing/flexing of the side leather, shouldn't cause any major aesthetic problems, just a bit of
weird feeling when walking.

kcox68

Reaction score
"Pepe Albaladejo - Meermin

9/6/12

to me
Hi Mr ...

The difference of the different pieces of leather is due to the finishing of the Suede we have made to the shoes, maybe you don't like it at all but is not difficult to get an uniform tone using a Spray."
From my dealings with Pepe, Sandro, and Luisa, this response seems very unusual - not in it's substance but in it's delivery. My experience with suede is that it can be difficult to perfectly match coloration at times so I agree with Pepe when he suggests spraying the shoes if the color isn't as closely matched as you'd like (unless the colors are wildly different, which doesn't appear to be the case). However, when he said "maybe you don't like it at all..." is out of character for him. Could I ask to hear the content of your email to him that generated this response? I'm not suggesting that you were intentionally rude but perhaps the message could have been interpreted as such, especially with the language difference.

Pierre Herme

Reaction score
"Pepe Albaladejo - Meermin

9/6/12

to me
Hi Mr ...

The difference of the different pieces of leather is due to the finishing of the Suede we have made to the shoes, maybe you don't like it at all but is not difficult to get an uniform tone using a Spray."

From my dealings with Pepe, Sandro, and Luisa, this response seems very unusual - not in it's substance but in it's delivery. My experience with suede is that it can be difficult to perfectly match coloration at times so I agree with Pepe when he suggests spraying the shoes if the color isn't as closely matched as you'd like (unless the colors are wildly different, which doesn't appear to be the case). However, when he said "maybe you don't like it at all..." is out of character for him. Could I ask to hear the content of your email to him that generated this response? I'm not suggesting that you were intentionally rude but perhaps the message could have been interpreted as such, especially with the language difference.

I think "maybe you don't like it at all..." means "maybe you do not prefer the option of spraying but it is not difficult....".
There may not be different words for 'like' and 'prefer' in Spanish.

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
All of the above might be right. But if "it's not difficult at all", why wasn't it done before they were sent to the customer? Nobody should receive a pair of shoes that looks like that, in a personal order from a small family business especially.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pics of the creases on the museum calf MTO. I'm not worked up about it or trying to warn anyone away from Meermin. This is just for everyone's information. I don't actually consider the creases on top bad, I just don't usually get a double crease like this. And the creases on the side aren't normal for me. I'm still happy with the shoes.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody order a shell MTO boot yet? Trying to see if I want bal boot or a derby boot.

Zarium

Reaction score
Wore my Museum Calf shoes for about 10 hours today, including the 1.5km walk to and from the train, and they came up fine.

Creasing is as expected, however I will say that I think they had done something different with the throat/opening of the shoe, where your foot goes in, as this is a
a lot sloppier than on my previous par of Meermin's.
I am getting some heel slip, however my bigger concern is the bellowing/flexing of the side leather, shouldn't cause any major aesthetic problems, just a bit of
weird feeling when walking.

I actually find having to loosen up all the laces and use a shoe horn (not a must, but it helps) to slip my feet in. I get a nice, snug fit once I've managed to do so, however. With the other three pairs of Meermins I have (New Rey and Ama), I don't really need to use a shoe horn.

I don't experience any heel slippage with these museums.

wombus

Reaction score

Anybody order a shell MTO boot yet? Trying to see if I want bal boot or a derby boot.

I've got a MTO cap toe with broguing + medallion a month or less away, got sent photos of it ready to be lasted last week. Pretty excited to see how it turns out. I got it on the rui last because I wanted a rounded and more country type feel to it.

smoothmoose

Reaction score
Wow, lots of discussion on MTO and QC at the moment. Hoping some folks can provide a second opinion on Meermin sizing for wide feet.

WIDE FEET SIZING.

Looking for second opinion before I order from Meermin. I usually wear US7.5, but can vary between US7 to US8. I've measured my width to be around EE. My actual measurements with socks is 255mm x 106mm. However my first toe is longer than my big toe, so if I measure my length to my big toe it's about 250mm. Though the balls and middle of my foot are wide, I don't believe my heels are extra wide.

Luisa from Meermin recommends I try UK7.5, but I've never had success with European shoes even in UK7 where I've found to have heel lift. Anything small and I can't fit my foot in the shoe since most are too narrow. Others here have spoken to Pepe directly so maybe I should request his advice?

I assume at this point the narrow lasts are out. But how about the Mos last used in their loafers and the Ama lasts used in their bluchers?

Your experiences are very much welcome.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads