• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jim Profit

Reaction score
I answer my own question, just got an email by Pepe and it seems that you have to modify the Olfe last if you want it to fit a UK10F. And i dont want to go up a half size because the shoes will be too long, MTO is the way to go :slayer:

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dunno, if I was just modifying a standard RTW offering to fit, with the fairly high mto charge, I'd rather go for a C&J or similar.

MCanavan6

Reaction score
Has anyone picked up a belt from them lately? Curious as to the quality compared to the Classic Line. Also what was the final cost for those in the US?

Reaction score
Good afternoon gentlemen,

having followed this thread for several months while waiting for my first pair of Meermin MTOs, I thought I'd share the end result with you today. Having been a shoe buff for many years but concentrating mainly on the traditional English manufacturers, I recently glimpsed at other interesting sources and found Carmina, where I bought a beautiful pair of navy Cordovan wholecuts on the Rain last in their Madrid store last summer. Browsing the web for more information on the Albaladejo family, I learned about Meermin via this thread and ordered a "test pair" of linea classico brown single monks right away. Sufficiently pleased, I got into contact with Pepe soon afterwards and placed my MTO order in early August 2012. The first pair they made for me has been damaged in a very late stage of finishing, so they started from scratch again in November, and after a few e-mails, I was given a free matching belt and trees for compensation. I will spare you all other details, but let me give you my overall impression and opinion: The doubts and concerns about sometimes irregular reaction times, potential quality issues etc. mentioned here are indeed justified according to my limited experience, so to everyone out there unsure whether to pull the MTO trigger on Meermin for the first time or not, if you are expecting 100% professionality and/or quick delivery within the initially announced time frame e.g. because you need the shoes for your own wedding etc., do not do it. However, if you own enough shoes already and thus have some time to relax and wait, if you are looking for an experience of being valued as an individual customer by a small family-owned and run company and together with these incredibly sympathetic, knowledgeable, and helpful people want to create something really unique in design at a more-than-decent quality level and for an unbelievable price, then I would strongly recommend to go for it. As for myself, I am sure that these will not be the last pair of Meermin MTOs. I hope you like them as much as I do, looking forward to read your comments!

Kind regards from Nuremberg, Bavaria, Germany
Christopher

Swede66

Reaction score

having followed this thread for several months while waiting for my first pair of Meermin MTOs, I thought I'd share the end result with you today. Having been a shoe buff for many years but concentrating mainly on the traditional English manufacturers, I recently glimpsed at other interesting sources and found Carmina, where I bought a beautiful pair of navy Cordovan wholecuts on the Rain last in their Madrid store last summer. Browsing the web for more information on the Albaladejo family, I learned about Meermin via this thread and ordered a "test pair" of linea classico brown single monks right away. Sufficiently pleased, I got into contact with Pepe soon afterwards and placed my MTO order in early August 2012. The first pair they made for me has been damaged in a very late stage of finishing, so they started from scratch again in November, and after a few e-mails, I was given a free matching belt and trees for compensation. I will spare you all other details, but let me give you my overall impression and opinion: The doubts and concerns about sometimes irregular reaction times, potential quality issues etc. mentioned here are indeed justified according to my limited experience, so to everyone out there unsure whether to pull the MTO trigger on Meermin for the first time or not, if you are expecting 100% professionality and/or quick delivery within the initially announced time frame e.g. because you need the shoes for your own wedding etc., do not do it. However, if you own enough shoes already and thus have some time to relax and wait, if you are looking for an experience of being valued as an individual customer by a small family-owned and run company and together with these incredibly sympathetic, knowledgeable, and helpful people want to create something really unique in design at a more-than-decent quality level and for an unbelievable price, then I would strongly recommend to go for it. As for myself, I am sure that these will not be the last pair of Meermin MTOs. I hope you like them as much as I do, looking forward to read your comments!

Christopher

Look great!

Bmeliamb

Reaction score

Christopher

oh boy. I'm in trouble. Those are ridiculous.

minervau

Reaction score
Just wondering what do you guys plan to do when it comes time to re-sole your Meermin shoes (for those customers in the US in particular)? I have a few pairs and really like them a lot (Classico, not LM). I'm wondering when the time comes, do I sent them all the way back to Spain for the service? It strikes me that no cobblers in the US have Meermin's last shapes, so how could they re-sole the shoe? Apologies if this is a dumb question and any cobbler can do the job, I honestly don't know what is required to re-sole a shoe.

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just wondering what do you guys plan to do when it comes time to re-sole your Meermin shoes (for those customers in the US in particular)? I have a few pairs and really like them a lot (Classico, not LM). I'm wondering when the time comes, do I sent them all the way back to Spain for the service? It strikes me that no cobblers in the US have Meermin's last shapes, so how could they re-sole the shoe? Apologies if this is a dumb question and any cobbler can do the job, I honestly don't know what is required to re-sole a shoe.

meh, i'm confident when the time comes, bnelson or equivalent will be able to resole. While the last will not be exact, they have a variety of lasts in the correct size that will mimic the shape of the shoe.

While they are all subtly different, a chisel toe from G&G, carmina, meermin, c&j, etc aren't all that different

Ankor

Reaction score
How does leather quality of Meermin compare with Carmina's leather?
I found Carmina's double monks of my size that is slightly more expensive than Meermin's Classico, but I like Hiro last more than Carmina's Philadelphia so is the leather or manufacture quality really higher?

P. S.: Christopher, these shoes are really great, congratulations! Good taste.
thumbs-up.gif

Last edited:

dufferin1

Reaction score
Got an email from Sandro yesterday stating my shoes will be ready to ship in 10-15 days. Very exciting!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics