• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gbandi

Reaction score
I see. I am unfamiliar with the leather. Would you say the scuffs have the texture of a cut though? The other marks I see on the boot, here and there, are untextured while this one feels like a slice.
Check this out
Check out the leaf waxy commander in the posts above
Some like the patina, some dont
Personally its looks better on a rugged boot
I am selling my caper green 8.5uk ROD waxy commander if any one is interested (middle in the pic)

Attachments

• 49CC5DC2-1DDE-4D24-A678-F78E94D3150B.jpeg
    49CC5DC2-1DDE-4D24-A678-F78E94D3150B.jpeg
    235.4 KB · Views: 659

Zan-san

Reaction score
Same question^^^
Soo I got my autum spice waxy kudu and it works as well as the commanders. Although waxy commanders are almost as good as wellingtons I reckon waxy kudu won't be as good but it still repels water and keeps socks dry.
Think Meermin has done really good job with all those kudu leathers. Really like them and prolly why I do have few pairs in rotation...

HugoGYW

Reaction score
Did anyone attend the new Hiking Boots GMTO? Very curious to hear some feedback.
I am curious about this one. They say it is norveguese construction, albeit Onyx last is meant to be Ultraflex construction. Which is it then? A combination of both? Foam insert or no foam insert?

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, I recently received a pair of Rust Waxy Commander Chelsea boots in the mail, and to my disappointment one of the boots had a small but noticable gash on the leather.

Meermin support through email just gave me a copy and pasted response for a different boot, and suggested getting dubbin wax (a product not on the store with a broken link). A store employee that I spoke told me to get mink oil. So, I'm a bit confused.

As I'm unsure their advice is pertinent, would anyone have any suggestions on what to do and what to use to cover it up as best possible?

Hello, my suggestion:

I wouldn't do anything, maybe rub the blem with your hands and thumb (they have natural oils).

Option 2: Add some bees wax or dubbin (try on the heel first, use a very little) and press it against your hand with a bone, be gentle.

What ever you do the leather will show blems. Is the nature of such leather. Enjoy your boots.

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm looking to buy a pair of Meermin shoes and I'm a size UK12. There are a total of 3 (!) shoes on the whole website in stock in that size. Is this normal? Do they just not produce shoes in this size? Many thanks for the input.

gbandi

Reaction score
Quick feedback on Meermin waxy commander and waxed kudu. I had given up on Meermin due to their difficult break in. I think once you break in these are very good quality. I have some from 5 years ago which still look and wear great. I have only bought their suede and unlined shoes over the last few years. Meermin has kept up on styling and I recently bought these Chelsea’s recently. One is Norwegian welt, one flex welt and one traditional good year. All of them have been a breeze to break in. I think this has to do with both kudu and waxy commander (suede) being softer and more pliable leathers. The toe shape is better than grant stone and Allen Edmonds.

Attachments

• 84351513-9576-4EB3-A15D-96E8FCF5F1C7.jpeg
    84351513-9576-4EB3-A15D-96E8FCF5F1C7.jpeg
    926.2 KB · Views: 196

KarlHungus

Reaction score
Quick feedback on Meermin waxy commander and waxed kudu. I had given up on Meermin due to their difficult break in. I think once you break in these are very good quality. I have some from 5 years ago which still look and wear great. I have only bought their suede and unlined shoes over the last few years. Meermin has kept up on styling and I recently bought these Chelsea’s recently. One is Norwegian welt, one flex welt and one traditional good year. All of them have been a breeze to break in. I think this has to do with both kudu and waxy commander (suede) being softer and more pliable leathers. The toe shape is better than grant stone and Allen Edmonds.
Looking great. What are the leathers on the two end pairs?

gbandi

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Negon last? Is it more like HIRO or HOK? Looking to get the Viberg Dupe

HugoGYW

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Negon last? Is it more like HIRO or HOK? Looking to get the Viberg Dupe
Hey, I have the heritage shell cordovan with brogued captoe in Negon. I would say that it is wider than Hiro, but rather snug on the top of your toes as it is an unstructured captoe. I love this new last, the only thing is that on my right boot I can feel a bit the shank protruding against the bottom/next to the arch of my foot. However, the more I wear them the more it feels less of an issue (probably part of the break in process).

Im really tempted to go for another Negon but with naked Kudu...

gbandi

Reaction score
Hey, I have the heritage shell cordovan with brogued captoe in Negon. I would say that it is wider than Hiro, but rather snug on the top of your toes as it is an unstructured captoe. I love this new last, the only thing is that on my right boot I can feel a bit the shank protruding against the bottom/next to the arch of my foot. However, the more I wear them the more it feels less of an issue (probably part of the break in process).

Thanks. Did you size down from your Hiro size? From what i hear HOK=ROD=Negon
I have a chelsea in HOK (sized down from HIRO), chelsea in ROD (same size as Hiro w/ insert). They are laceless though.

GuyLab

Reaction score
Would you mind sharing some pics? I really want to get a pair but none are available in my size atm

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyberphantom