• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zan-san

Reaction score
Hi,

Got this reply from Meermin, their support is good as usual. Or that has been my experience.
1696872255154.png

It's a bit annoying to ask for these details for some lasts. Most are present in their page, but not all.

MJDNL

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just ordered my first pair of Meermins, also being my first pair of loafers. Although my feet are both sized almost exactly the same, the left loafer is much looser than the right.
I took a photo from the top showing the left shoe “entrance” to be much wider than the right. On the left side I experience slipping of my heel, whilst the right shoe fits like a glove.

Is this something common, or might this be a defect for which the loafers should be returned?

Thanks for any tips.

Attachments

• 00893C99-FC3B-4BD9-B964-2E146CD40925.jpeg
    00893C99-FC3B-4BD9-B964-2E146CD40925.jpeg
    197.9 KB · Views: 327

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I just ordered my first pair of Meermins, also being my first pair of loafers. Although my feet are both sized almost exactly the same, the left loafer is much looser than the right.
I took a photo from the top showing the left shoe “entrance” to be much wider than the right. On the left side I experience slipping of my heel, whilst the right shoe fits like a glove.

Is this something common, or might this be a defect for which the loafers should be returned?

Thanks for any tips.

Looks like they're different sizes or they were stretched at some point. To double check your sizing you could try measuring the girth of each foot at the arch and see if there's a significant difference in width/volume between feet. A little bit of variation is normal. But again, I suspect the shoes are problematic.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Factory seconds sale going on right now:
Yes indeed it is. I ordered a Black Calf Chelsea in UK12.5 on Hiro last as my UK13 Hok last shell NST feels a bit too long and being a Chelsea I think it is a calculated risk to go half size smaller. Toes crossed that they fit ok.

Franky

Reaction score
Breaking in black cap toes around the house over a few week period. I got these for like 100 bucks from the ebay seconds store with a flaw so minor it's not worth mentioning. They're beautiful but they're so uncomfortable. The opening of the shoe is so damn small. I broke in some Chelsea's in the same last and size but it took forever. Wish me luck.

View attachment 1075070

Going back through my old posts and found this... ended up selling them as the opening was too tight and I couldn't get my foot in. But I was able to snag the same length in WIDE this time from their seconds sale. Apparently they have one day shipping to my location. :D

Franky

Reaction score
IMG_3731.jpeg

IMG_3730.jpeg

It’s a shame that they only have wide sizes on this model. I would buy way more if they had more. 7.5UK Hiro was too hard to fit in regular width but fits very well in wide. Probably my final meermin purchase unless they start offering more wide options.

GuyLab

Reaction score
View attachment 2060143
View attachment 2060145

It’s a shame that they only have wide sizes on this model. I would buy way more if they had more. 7.5UK Hiro was too hard to fit in regular width but fits very well in wide. Probably my final meermin purchase unless they start offering more wide options.
Try emailing them about a specific model you'd want in wide, they could probably do it for other Hiro models

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was last week in Meermin Madrid shop located in Claudio Cohello street, very very nice premises and helpfull staff. I tried several shoes in different lasts and sizes so I can focus my next purchases, I am 10.5UK in Hok and Rod and 11 UK in Hiro.

Lovely store, worth a visit.

dennistsang

Reaction score
Hi. I have heard that UPS/DHL charge a crazy amount of brokerage fees when shipping items to Canada. Is it still the case nowadays? I plan to purchase shoes from Meermin, but I worry about the tax and brokerage fees.

NateDawg24

Reaction score
Hi. I have heard that UPS/DHL charge a crazy amount of brokerage fees when shipping items to Canada. Is it still the case nowadays? I plan to purchase shoes from Meermin, but I worry about the tax and brokerage fees.
I just received some Chelsea boots this week. Was charged 20% duty plus a $10 ROD fee (something to do with Fedex) and GST (Alberta no PST). Package came from Texas via Fedex. Was very fast shipping but was disappointed to see customs fees as I didn't have any two years ago when I ordered.

gbandi

Reaction score
Does any one have the waxy kudu chelseas and naked kudu NEGON boots? would love to see some real life pics and get feedback regarding sizing? Like teh caper green color but wonder how it looks new and after a few wears. I love CXL and suede look but not sure about kudu

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElinaRaupi