• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GuyLab

Reaction score
Could anyone share long-term experience with how Heritage Shell is holding up? Kinda interested in the leather as a first foray into shell but unsure if it's worth it or not

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New to this thread and first post here.
Maiden Voyage for these Dark Cognac (in other words, Brown or as Grant Stone calls Maduro) Horween Shell Cordovan in UK13. They are a bit long but fit great at the ball of the feet so have to live with the length. Wouldn't want to go.down to UK 12.5.
Got Vibram rubber topy on the leather sole to prevent sliding on the carpet and also a necessity for tropical weather of Singapore.
Another pleasant surprise to find these in stock in the last Meermin Sale !!
(Sorry for the pics overload but you can guess that I am excited about these !!)
20230908_142123.jpg
20230908_141949.jpg
20230908_142057.jpg
20230908_140717.jpg
20230907_153955.jpg
20230907_153932.jpg
20230907_153912.jpg
20230907_154118.jpg
20230907_154100.jpg
20230907_153820.jpg
20230907_154044.jpg

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maiden Voyage for these Dark Cognac (in other words, Brown or as Grant Stone calls Maduro) Horween Shell Cordovan in UK13. They are a bit long but fit great at the ball of the feet so have to live with the length. Wouldn't want to go.down to UK 12.5.
Got Vibram rubber topy on the leather sole to prevent sliding on the carpet and also a necessity for tropical weather of Singapore.
(Sorry for the pics overload but you can guess that I am excited about these !!)
View attachment 2022135 View attachment 2022137 View attachment 2022139 View attachment 2022141 View attachment 2022143 View attachment 2022145 View attachment 2022147 View attachment 2022149 View attachment 2022151 View attachment 2022153 View attachment 2022155
I see you have found what many of us have, they can be surprisingly good for the price point. Congrats.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see you have found what many of us have, they can be surprisingly good for the price point. Congrats.
Thank you. I have known for a while that they provide a very good value. I have been waiting for them to do a trunk show in Singapore where I can try out various lasts and pinpoi t my size. They had one scheduled a few years ago and then Covid struck and it was cancelled. So when this pair was in stock during the sale I went ahead anyway as since then I have successfully gambled for my size in Trickers, C&J and a couple others.

klockan51

Reaction score
Hello, I'm looking for a new pair of boots for autumn and was thinking about the Meermin heritage shell cordovan boot: https://meermin.com/products/116210-burgundy-heritage-shell-cordovan-e

But I have some questions before I take the plunge. How come they are so cheap? From my experience, I've never seen a pair of shell boots under 500 dollars. What's the downside? Is the shell cordovan any good? Also, how is the Rod last? I have a pair of paraboot avignon, carmina in the detroit last, both in uk 8.5. Should I go for 8.5 in these as well?

If anyone has got any experience with these I would love some input! Thank you

Blastwice

Reaction score
Hello, I'm looking for a new pair of boots for autumn and was thinking about the Meermin heritage shell cordovan boot: https://meermin.com/products/116210-burgundy-heritage-shell-cordovan-e

But I have some questions before I take the plunge. How come they are so cheap? From my experience, I've never seen a pair of shell boots under 500 dollars. What's the downside? Is the shell cordovan any good? Also, how is the Rod last? I have a pair of paraboot avignon, carmina in the detroit last, both in uk 8.5. Should I go for 8.5 in these as well?

If anyone has got any experience with these I would love some input! Thank you

They are cheap because it's shell by an undisclosed tannery (not necessarily bad, but certainly not Horween Shell Cordovan) and because they are Meermin (meaning they will be solidly-made, but sometimes have imperfections that will bother people who are not used to/expecting them).

With Meermin you are typically getting less elegant lasts/patterns, stiffer construction details, and (at least in the case of shell) cheaper leather. Build quality is generally good keeping in mind they are Goodyear welted.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 2022135 View attachment 2022137 View attachment 2022139 View attachment 2022141 View attachment 2022143 View attachment 2022145 View attachment 2022147 View attachment 2022149 View attachment 2022151 View attachment 2022153 View attachment 2022155
The boots look so much better IMO with the straight bar lacing in the publicity pics than in that criss cross style you have in the pics taken when on your feet. You might also find that straight lacing will mitigate that mis-match you have in the alignment of the two sides of the eye-stays. YMMV.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The boots look so much better IMO with the straight bar lacing in the publicity pics than in that criss cross style you have in the pics taken when on your feet. You might also find that straight lacing will mitigate that mis-match you have in the alignment of the two sides of the eye-stays. YMMV.
Here you go! The facings are a bit too long and hence meet each other and try to overlap. I have not had a boot so far which closes like this.
20230927_101651.jpg
20230927_101729.jpg
20230927_101619.jpg
20230927_101515.jpg

Zan-san

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience on the new Negon last? I've few in HOK, rod (and eve as they say Rod is the same hok, it isnt) and in rois. The current MTO has made me itching for a bit more flashier shell boots as others that I've are more utilitarian.

GuyLab

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience on the new Negon last? I've few in HOK, rod (and eve as they say Rod is the same hok, it isnt) and in rois. The current MTO has made me itching for a bit more flashier shell boots as others that I've are more utilitarian.
Yeah as I own both hok and rod, the shape is the same, rod is just more snug.
Based on negon measurements, it is similar in length to hok, but it is wider

iva80

Reaction score
@GuyLab I have Hok in 7.5. The fit is good overall, but my wide-ish toes make it uncomfortable for my pinky toe. It gets squeezed/pinched just a little.

Meermin advertise Negon as wider and flatter is in the toe are. This sounds exactly what I would need considering my Hok experience.

Do you actually have shoes Negon last?
Can you share the measurements for both?

Thank you

GuyLab

Reaction score
@GuyLab I have Hok in 7.5. The fit is good overall, but my wide-ish toes make it uncomfortable for my pinky toe. It gets squeezed/pinched just a little.

Meermin advertise Negon as wider and flatter is in the toe are. This sounds exactly what I would need considering my Hok experience.

Do you actually have shoes Negon last?
Can you share the measurements for both?

Thank you
I do not own any Negon boots yet, but I plan to try them on soon.
I can share with you what I have for size 11, but they are metric measurements.
HOK:
Insole length:317.3 mm
Insole width: 103 mm
Ball girth: 266 mm

NEGON:
Insole length:317.3 mm
Insole width: 105 mm
Ball girth: 268 mm

You can find hok measurements directly on meermin's site when you go to the product description and check the last, however Negon's measurements are not yet available but they were given to me by Meermin. I really like the style of Negon boots but I'm on the opposite, with long narrow feet and I kinda struggle with lasts being on average a bit too wide for me, I then resort to 3/4 inserts to fill the boots a bit more.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharpro78