• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

walkinginplace

Reaction score
Just got these loafers in the mail a few days ago. First pair of Meermin shoes for me. Much better quality than I expected despite all the great reviews I’ve seen around. Shoes were flawless and had none of the quality control issues that have been discussed before.
Wearing with woolsocks from Dapper Classics

View attachment 1118048

What's the sizing like on those tassel loafers? If I dip my toe into Meermin, those would be it.

gbandi

Reaction score
I just received the MTO order and have some quality control and sizing concerns. I was asked to get my regular Hiro size.

I have 6 other Hiro last shoes which fit well.

These are too narrow in the toe box, even with thick socks. Do most of you guys upsize for shearling lined boots?

Secondly there is white material showing throw the stitching, the suede has Imperfections from storage, vamps are not perfectly aligned and the storm welt coloring is uneven. What do you guys think

170A99B4-15C2-4F30-BC41-48476CC90FEC.jpeg

8845D82B-C5C8-42FA-9B74-4F51B9E3930C.jpeg

standaloneprotein

Reaction score
I just received the MTO order and have some quality control and sizing concerns. I was asked to get my regular Hiro size.

These are too narrow in the toe box, even with thick socks. Do most of you guys upsize for shearling lined boots?

Some will claim otherwise but I found that I had to go half size up for shearling boots, but I like my shoes to have a bit of room anyway.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have 6 other Hiro last shoes which fit well.

Secondly there is white material showing throw the stitching, the suede has Imperfections from storage, vamps are not perfectly aligned and the storm welt coloring is uneven. What do you guys think

View attachment 1118543

View attachment 1118544

So on both my Meermin shearling’s, I went with my normal UK8.5. They’re both the only shearling’s of all the ones I have that fit properly. But, they do both have finishing issues.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wear a 13 in Allen Edmonds and 12 in meermins. Sizing is spot on one smaller

What about width?

I wear a 12b in AE (my feet actually measure 13.5 and 12.5 on the brannock) and since meermin only carries the equivalent of a US "D" width I'm debating between 11 and 10.5

Anyone here with narrow feet and a meermin fetish?

Mihai B.

Reaction score
I have bought my first pair of Meermin country calf in RUI last. I've chose this last because they say it has a generous fit across the toes.

Well, all fits except the toes. Length and width are ok but the toe box is pressing my toes. So the height of the toe box is not generous.

I really like the shoes even if they have small quality issues and I want to keep them. I have considered to buy a half size up but then my heels will slipping out of my shoes.

Will the toe box get stretched over time? Appreciate your responses. Thank you!
meermin.jpg

Quesjac

Reaction score
I have bought my first pair of Meermin country calf in RUI last. I've chose this last because they say it has a generous fit across the toes.

Well, all fits except the toes. Length and width are ok but the toe box is pressing my toes. So the height of the toe box is not generous.

I really like the shoes even if they have small quality issues and I want to keep them. I have considered to buy a half size up but then my heels will slipping out of my shoes.

Will the toe box get stretched over time? Appreciate your responses. Thank you! View attachment 1126693
In my experience the toe box is the one part that's not going to expand because, like the heel, there's a rigid plastic stiffener in there. But this is only at the very end, so it depends how far your toes go.

EgoCamisas

Reaction score

Will the toe box get stretched over time? Appreciate your responses. Thank you! View attachment 1126693
I am sorry mate, it will never fit. If it is just when you bend your feet, no prob, it must break in. But if it hurts just by standing...

I kept two pairs of shoes that had the problem and ended up giving them away and regretting not exchanging them back when.

Cheers

Mihai B.

Reaction score
I am sorry mate, it will never fit. If it is just when you bend your feet, no prob, it must break in. But if it hurts just by standing...

I kept two pairs of shoes that had the problem and ended up giving them away and regretting not exchanging them back when.

Cheers
Thank you both for your reply. The pressing was when the toe box begins so I've decided to keep the shoes.
I've started to worn them and they feel much better now.

Reaction score
Guys I hope you don't mind me asking here,

would anyone be interested in these Meermin 11,5 UK balmoral boots in suede/calf, cap toe, double rubber on olfe last?
They are my first seconds, before I figured out that I need to go down in size, I just tried them on at home
Would shipp from Europe and I just want to make my 140$ back. o1.jpg o2.jpg o3.jpg o4.jpg o5.jpg o6.jpg o7.jpg o1.jpg o2.jpg o3.jpg o4.jpg o5.jpg o6.jpg o7.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads