• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

markjdm

Reaction score
How is the sizing on the belts compared to US inches?

Is their size chart accurate?

And how is the quality?

Quality was good but the belt is softer than your average belt. In sizing I found it a bit smaller than what the size chart said. I'm a size 30in waist and should have been a 75cm. They do recommend to go a size up so I went with an 80cm belt. The measurements are supposedly from the middle to the end of the belt buckle. When I received my 80cm belt, it was short and I was on the last hole already so I ended up giving it to my son.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quality was good but the belt is softer than your average belt. In sizing I found it a bit smaller than what the size chart said. I'm a size 30in waist and should have been a 75cm. They do recommend to go a size up so I went with an 80cm belt. The measurements are supposedly from the middle to the end of the belt buckle. When I received my 80cm belt, it was short and I was on the last hole already so I ended up giving it to my son.
I actually had the opposite experience with my belt. It was a seconds, but the suede on it felt rougher than my other belts that I bought in the same price range.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is the sizing on the belts compared to US inches?

Is their size chart accurate?

And how is the quality?

I have quite a few of their belts, and think they are an exceptional buy for the price. They are measured in centimeters, so just do the conversion. They have a chart on the site that does it for you. Just make sure you consider if you want extra length. I’m a 34, but prefer a 90cm.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish they had more than 3 shoes on the Hiro wide. I keep checking their site and its still the same three.

Styzoom

Reaction score
I now own 2 pair of Meermins.
  • Brown suede penny loafers UK 11 (EUR 45) ---> Ron last (a slightly snug last), quality is good but they're too big (heel slips).
  • Navy suede full brogues UK 10.5 (EUR 44.5) ---> Terry last (wide last), quality is good, they fit well but heel slips a little too.
I normally wear 45, and 44.5 when available. Buying 11 UK wasn't a smart move. (Often 11 UK equals 45, hence the mistake). I bought both at an auction, they were factory seconds. The loafers were fine in my opinion and the brogues needed a bit of blue shoe polish in 2 of the holes. I didn't break the bank buying them at an auction but I recommend to carefully figure out the sizing first.
My feet are 28.8 centimeters (medium width).

20180605_164831.jpg

20180605_165140.jpg

HarrisonK

Reaction score
I need your help. I bought a pair of loafers from Meermin several months ago. The leather is splotchy and defective. I sent several photos of the loafers to Meermin. They agreed that the loafers were defective. They told me to send them back to the NYC store and they will issue me a refund once NY receives the loafers. Accordingly, I sent the loafers back via UPS (tracking number 1Z7319EW0370690561). Meermin NYC called me upon receipt to confirm they received the loafers. I asked when they'd issue the refund and they told me that they don't know anything about a refund and to take that up with Meermin customer service (who I've been emailing). Seventeen (17) emails later, Meermin customer service will not issue the refund. The last they said was they are contacting NYC to figure out the refund. It has been 3 weeks (and 17 emails) since they agreed to the refund. They are now in possession of both my money and my defective shoes. How can I resolve this problem?

Photos:
nvHjyQX.png

fcFp14I.png

HexqVCb.png

Note, there are about 15 other emails requesting my refund be processed that I didn't post here. All of those emails have been ignored.

As you can see, they are fully aware that the loafers have been returned to, and accepted by, their NYC store, yet they refuse to refund my money. There has to be some recourse. What do you suggest I do?

Styzoom

Reaction score
I once had problems with Tommy Hilfiger, I kept sending them emails and eventually gave up more or less. After months they repaid me.
I don't think they try to dupe you, it is just a total lack of 'taking ownership of the problem of the customer' from their part. Eventually someone at Meermin will tackle the issues and give you a refund. Keep sending emails in which you explain what happened and what was promised.

markjdm

Reaction score
Hey mate, that's a pretty bad experience and I hope it gets resolved. If you paid by credit card then I would dispute the transaction with your bank and provide them with all the emails and tracking details of the returned item. If you give them all the information, normally the card issuer/bank will reverse the payment. Same goes if you used Paypal as they have a refund policies to adhere to.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I once had problems with Tommy Hilfiger, I kept sending them emails and eventually gave up more or less. After months they repaid me.
I don't think they try to dupe you, it is just a total lack of 'taking ownership of the problem of the customer' from their part. Eventually someone at Meermin will tackle the issues and give you a refund. Keep sending emails in which you explain what happened and what was promised.

I hear what you are saying about the “not trying to dupe” him. However the effect of their actions is the same regardless. Not taking ownership is kinda the same thing as duping a customer.

Come on Meermin, we all hope that your company is better than this. This is unsat!

Styzoom

Reaction score
Maybe you're right Stephan, it might be the quickest way to recoup the money. My experience here in Europe with family owned businesses is trying to find someone responsible who really can help, someone answering customer complaints via email is not always that person. I am not defending Meermins customer service here, their customer service is pretty weird. I asked something (via the chat on their website) about the blue brogues you see here in above pic, they simply refused to tell me anything about the last (Terry) because they were not selling them anymore. Like a mean dog they put in a shelter. :confused2:

Last edited:

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe you're right Stephan, it might be the quickest way to recoup the money. My experience here in Europe with family owned businesses is trying to find someone responsible who really can help, someone answering customer complaints via email is not always that person. I am not defending Meermins customer service here, their customer service is pretty weird. I asked something (via the chat on their website) about the blue brogues you see here in above pic, they simply refused to tell me a anything about the last (Terry) because they were not selling them anymore. Like a mean dog they put in a shelter. :confused2:

Yeah that’s really strange behavior.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads