• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Willj

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Does anyone have both loding and meermin shoes and can comment on the sizing? I've heard both use the same size. Can anyone confirm?

Howland

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I was in the Madrid shop last mont, it was interesting to see all the models in person. Last year I ordered the rapello chukka and had to returned it because the color was a lot lighter than in the pictures, also the sole was a bit different. But the model in the shop was exactly the same than in the pictures.

Reaction score
Does anyone have the suede PTBs (and would they care to post a couple of photos)? I can't seem to find any IRL photos of the shoes online.

dluce76

Reaction score

Does anyone have the suede PTBs (and would they care to post a couple of photos)? I can't seem to find any IRL photos of the shoes online.

These? Just got them yesterday off eBay. 3 eyelet in dark brown Janus suede from their LM line on the new rey last, but I've never seen them on their website.

Quite comfortable and I like the styling. A steal at $100 listed as "seconds" with imperceptible irregularities.

Last edited:

Reaction score
These? Just got them yesterday off eBay. 3 eyelet in dark brown Janus suede from their LM line on the new rey last, but I've never seen them on their website.

Quite comfortable and I like the styling. A steal at $100 listed as "seconds" with imperceptible irregularities.

They look great and $100 a steal indeed! I was referring to these.

starro

Reaction score

Beat your record by $8.
smile.gif

HerrPushkin

Reaction score
I hope this is the right place to ask, but I'm curious if someone could help me figure out the sizing of Meermin. I wear a 10D in AE Mora 2.0. Meermin told me I should wear a 9UK from them, but AE says their 10D is equal to a 9.5UK. Anyone have experience with them?

Just fyi, my feet are slightly wide, but not wide enough for me to wear wide shoes. It just takes a few weeks for the shoes to stretch and not cause pain.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I hope this is the right place to ask, but I'm curious if someone could help me figure out the sizing of Meermin. I wear a 10D in AE Mora 2.0. Meermin told me I should wear a 9UK from them, but AE says their 10D is equal to a 9.5UK. Anyone have experience with them?

Just fyi, my feet are slightly wide, but not wide enough for me to wear wide shoes. It just takes a few weeks for the shoes to stretch and not cause pain.

I've only tried on but I am 8D in AE shoes. the 7.5UK fit me well in Meermin

dluce76

Reaction score
Your sizing will depend on the meermin last your shoe is in.

I'm a US 11 in AE, take a 10uk on the hiro and olfe lasts, 10.5uk on the new rey.

They're sizing advice is usually good - when in doubt they'll provide measurements that you can use to determine if you'll fit.

Robert Falls

Reaction score
Your sizing will depend on the meermin last your shoe is in.

I'm a US 11 in AE, take a 10uk on the hiro and olfe lasts, 10.5uk on the new rey.

They're sizing advice is usually good - when in doubt they'll provide measurements that you can use to determine if you'll fit.
I'm the same size and agree with this advice on sizing.

bigbclub

Reaction score
Guys need some advice here, i am wondering wts the dif between hiro/olfe and elton.

Are they all narrower than Loake 1880 capital aldwych last? coz I tried that but 6.5f is too tight for the width while 7f is a bit too long in length. Im about 7 in carmina robert/simpson and 6.5 in cheaney arthur and church 136. Thanks any advice is appreciated

dluce76

Reaction score

Guys need some advice here, i am wondering wts the dif between hiro/olfe and elton. 

Are they all narrower than Loake 1880 capital aldwych last? coz I tried that but 6.5f is too tight for the width while 7f is a bit too long in length. Im about 7 in carmina robert/simpson and 6.5 in cheaney arthur and church 136. Thanks any advice is appreciated

Not sure as I don't know those, but email them - they are very responsive and can make a recommendation. They'll also give you the exact measurements of their various lasts in your suggested size so you can measure your foot to ensure sizing.

Others might know more.

kbuzz

Reaction score
Anyone have any opinions on the new cordovan wingtip mto that just dropped. Thinking about taking the plunge on my first meermin shoe.

Would also appreciate any sizing advice...this one is on the RUI last. im a US 9D in allen edmonds and most dress shoes, and .5 in sneakers..thanks

Last edited:

kbuzz

Reaction score

My heel is more narrow than avg, so i get heel slippage on lasts that have full wide heel.

i have the same issue with heels in most shoes...although AE park avenues last seems to fit well....given this whats your favored meermin last?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulioCesarSalad