• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MC General Chat

Jtchapman

Reaction score
It's a drapey rather louche take on CM, but I'm really digging adret at the moment, unfortunately their stuff is out of my budget, but I am considering commissioning a slightly roomier fit linen DB, inspired by their cardi-jacket. Really loving the new anthology RTW too, definitely need every colour knitted tee and a seersucker lazyman jacket, hell, they might even change my views on drawstring trousers.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a drapey rather louche take on CM, but I'm really digging adret at the moment, unfortunately their stuff is out of my budget, but I am considering commissioning a slightly roomier fit linen DB, inspired by their cardi-jacket. Really loving the new anthology RTW too, definitely need every colour knitted tee and a seersucker lazyman jacket, hell, they might even change my views on drawstring trousers.
These are the DBF pants I grabbed from NMWA. Flying to West Coast soon and will wear them on the flight I think.

Jtchapman

Reaction score
These are the DBF pants I grabbed from NMWA. Flying to West Coast soon and will wear them on the flight I think.

For some reason these feel like jogging bottoms in a way the anthology's don't. I think they need the slightly more sartorial details of a pleat and crease to stop them looking like pyjamas.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll wear them on my vacation next week and report back! “Dateline: Pleats or no Pleats? You be the Judge!”

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1627224264101.gif

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For some reason these feel like jogging bottoms in a way the anthology's don't. I think they need the slightly more sartorial details of a pleat and crease to stop them looking like pyjamas.
Here's the wool Zegna easy pants. Flat front and unlined.

1627226473077.png

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wanted to test how comfy they were so I wore Informale linen easy pants on the flight to and from Sicily (SFO-NYC-Milan-Palermo 20 hours with layovers). From now on it’s easy pants on every flight.
That was an ugly day of flying.

Octobab

Reaction score
Been thinking lately of taking most of my CM pants in to have the front pockets bags get sown smaller. More often than not their gargantuan, cavernous size (at least compared to more of a five pocket style) are just kind of uncomfortable. I can't actually rest my hands in them without slouching over and so need to settle for kind of 'hanging' my thumb on the opening, objects in them feel loose and haphazard, heck my phone will even turn 'landscape' in them while I walk, which looks about as dorky as it gets. Any reason why I shouldn't? There must be a reason an entire industry settled on these preposterous buckets and I'm worried I'm missing it

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Been thinking lately of taking most of my CM pants in to have the front pockets bags get sown smaller. More often than not their gargantuan, cavernous size (at least compared to more of a five pocket style) are just kind of uncomfortable. I can't actually rest my hands in them without slouching over and so need to settle for kind of 'hanging' my thumb on the opening, objects in them feel loose and haphazard, heck my phone will even turn 'landscape' in them while I walk, which looks about as dorky as it gets. Any reason why I shouldn't? There must be a reason an entire industry settled on these preposterous buckets and I'm worried I'm missing it

I hate 5 pockets like I don’t want to put my hand in the front. Though on pocket size in cm trouser , never find them too big personally, I rarely use them I guess. I mainly use jacket and back pockets

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads