• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MC General Chat

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe wear it with white linen pants and shirt sans tie?

TheChihuahua

Reaction score
I am very sorry, but to me that would work best with an open flame. Did you not think about what it would go with before you ordered it?

In a constructive manner, what is it about that jacket you don’t like?

it is not mine, and I don’t own one like that, so I am not really offended. But curious about what substantively you do not like?

is it an aversion to windowpane checks in general?
Or is that shade of green just a bit too much where it pops a little too loudly?
Could you see it working in a more tropical climate where the general ambience is more casual and the bright green in the blue backdrop may not seem as loud?

I have a couple windowpane/check suits, but they are generally pretty subtle.
but I have noticed Kirby Allison is wearing these more stand out checks a lot lately.
(Not that Kirby is an authority, but I generally like his style)

022AFC27-6B19-457B-9E75-C49904D51F39.jpeg
9DF9EB86-4453-4339-8457-AFC1186FD12C.jpeg
2006AA11-3647-4F7F-99E5-ADA9F6F62BB3.jpeg

c0de

Reaction score
I love bonobos washed chinos, but they don’t make the orange color I want in the fit I want (or maybe not on stock at Nordstrom). What’s a good alternative, similar price range, fit, etc.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received this wool and silk blazer. Thoughts on styling it would be appreciated. I'm wondering about a forest green grenadine fina tie. Pants colors?

BT86e1.jpg
BT845P.jpg
I dont get this. It's navy with a neutral overcheck. Why would that be difficult to pair? Any light neutral trouser plus a white or light blue shirt would work fine.

^^
This.

Any shade of grey besides charcoal, medium grey, light grey, stone, khaki, cream. White shirt, blue shirts. For ties: Brown, dark green, navy, pretty much men’s ware basics, any should work.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks all. I had some ideas, but it never hurts to get some opinions on here. I think I'll look at some light grey, cream and maybe olive trousers. White shirt no tie and a pocket square with a bit of green edging perhaps. Brown loafers. Appreciate all the feedback and thought. Cheers.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

R.O. Thornhill

Reaction score
In a constructive manner, what is it about that jacket you don’t like?

it is not mine, and I don’t own one like that, so I am not really offended. But curious about what substantively you do not like?

is it an aversion to windowpane checks in general?
Or is that shade of green just a bit too much where it pops a little too loudly?
Could you see it working in a more tropical climate where the general ambience is more casual and the bright green in the blue backdrop may not seem as loud?

I have a couple windowpane/check suits, but they are generally pretty subtle.
but I have noticed Kirby Allison is wearing these more stand out checks a lot lately.
(Not that Kirby is an authority, but I generally like his style)

View attachment 1606917 View attachment 1606918 View attachment 1606919

I have nothing against windowpane-check patterns for odd coats; in fact I own several. But I am a traditionalist I guess, and have never found myself wishing that any suit or jacket of mine had a lime green over-check

TheChihuahua

Reaction score
I have nothing against windowpane-check patterns for odd coats; in fact I own several. But I am a traditionalist I guess, and have never found myself wishing that any suit or jacket of mine had a lime green over-check

fair enough

I don’t own any of that color either. But I wasn’t sure what about that jacket made you dislike it so much.
That said, I can see that shade of green working in some locations and situations. It’s not loud, it’s a complimentary color, and if paired with the right tie/shirt/pants/shoes o don’t see why it couldn’t work.

TheChihuahua

Reaction score
on the topic of where is men’s fashion heading in the future/ post-covid:
Listening to a baseball game on the radio - one of the regular play by play has the day off and substitute in the booth.

A comment was made to the substitute play by play that he was wearing a nice sports coat.
his response - “I am respecting the moment.”

my thought/hope/optimistic vision is that more people will want to distinguish between moments and times wherebyrespect should be shown and continue to dress with respect for the job/task/moment.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The more useful part is it even for a holder for credit card

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads