• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MC General Chat

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, let them be. Hard to criticize anyone having that much fun (at least in the pics!)

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know who makes drakes crosby Chukka? Its is made in Italy and looks very similar to the astorflex dukeflex.

And do you think this style is more versatile than a "normal" suede Chukka Boot?
16643311r_1.jpg

xlarge.jpg

Bromley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know that they're more versatile. The original Clarks desert boot is pretty hard to beat in that way. I almost bought those Drake's boots based on pictures, but was glad I waited to see them in person. They were nice, but felt pretty flimsy to me. Sole looks substantial in pictures, but it seemed too thin on the actual boots. I like that Dukeflex boot, too, but have never seen it in person.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have never bought anything from Berg & Berg, do report back how it is!
Got the Berg & Berg white flannel trousers. They seem quite nice. Need to get them hemmed of course. I’m sure the Fox flannel pants would have been superb but these will do nicely. Amusingly I have flannel pants from Rota, Zegna, Canali, Paul Stuart and Hickey Freeman but my favs are a pair of mid-gray pants from Barneys house brand. Best fitting and most comfy pants I own.

629DE826-F52F-45C5-AF53-0BC9A59CB297.jpeg 6827CA17-4D8B-4787-90BA-769D475E14AB.jpeg E924FA9B-5E41-4923-A6E9-F190FB2241CF.jpeg 5C870CB8-2B7B-47FD-B433-8E07F850525F.jpeg

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know who makes drakes crosby Chukka? Its is made in Italy and looks very similar to the astorflex dukeflex.

And do you think this style is more versatile than a "normal" suede Chukka Boot?

I was told by an industry source that these are made by Astroflex but using a custom last and specs for Drake's. I know the fit of the Astroflex branded desert boot and the Drake's branded desert boot is different because I tried both on and own the Drakes.

More versatile than a normal suede Chukka boot? IMO, a regular suede chukka with a leather or Dianite sole looks more shaped and styled so it can be "dressed up" a bit more. This one looks great but in a bit more relaxed way. The crepe rubber sole will always look more casual, which is fine if that is your style.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Barneys house brand has up and down (BG was at least consistent), without looking at individual label it was hard to blind buy Barneys (well when it was around) house brand...

I mean Barneys house brand had Caruso made it own suit as well some god knows what...

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Barneys house brand has up and down (BG was at least consistent), without looking at individual label it was hard to blind buy Barneys (well when it was around) house brand...

I mean Barneys house brand had Caruso made it own suit as well some god knows what...
Yeah, I have a cashmere sport coat from barneys by Caruso from about 10 years ago. Simply amazing. The pants are about that old as well. Not sure who made them.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know that they're more versatile. The original Clarks desert boot is pretty hard to beat in that way. I almost bought those Drake's boots based on pictures, but was glad I waited to see them in person. They were nice, but felt pretty flimsy to me. Sole looks substantial in pictures, but it seemed too thin on the actual boots. I like that Dukeflex boot, too, but have never seen it in person.

I think the dukeflex looks better in pictures, but i dont have a local shop to look at either. Im also a bit concerned about the sole.

I was told by an industry source that these are made by Astroflex but using a custom last and specs for Drake's. I know the fit of the Astroflex branded desert boot and the Drake's branded desert boot is different because I tried both on and own the Drakes.

More versatile than a normal suede Chukka boot? IMO, a regular suede chukka with a leather or Dianite sole looks more shaped and styled so it can be "dressed up" a bit more. This one looks great but in a bit more relaxed way. The crepe rubber sole will always look more casual, which is fine if that is your style.

Thank you, the leather on the drakes does look a bit more luxe. I was planning to pick up a pair of regular chukkas, but recently I find anything with a stitched toe more interesting. But yes, these are more casual.

bmoredcstyle

Reaction score
Rules for wearing boots to a job interview? Ie what kind/colors are acceptable? This is in the case of snow. Thanks.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think of the looks from Pitti? Between @mossrockss and I (mostly him) we tried to capture the usual suspects as well as styles that caught our eye.

Bromley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yukio Akamine all-time MVP. David Coggins always looking a lil kooky, but I like it. People don't talk enough about how beautiful Mark Cho's hair is. Andy 57's cream jacket is nice. The people's champ, Dick Carroll not present?

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yukio Akamine all-time MVP. David Coggins always looking a lil kooky, but I like it. People don't talk enough about how beautiful Mark Cho's hair is. Andy 57's cream jacket is nice. The people's champ, Dick Carroll not present?
Yukio is a legend. And really nice. If you haven’t already, get Jaime Ferguson’s book THIS GUY because it has phenomenal photos of the dude (my favorites in the book, actually) and an interesting story of the man. I have a funny yukio/liverano story I’ll share that’s not in the book if I get the OK from Jaime.

David actually IS kooky, but then again he’s a writer, so he’s got the best excuse. Also, he writes a book on manners, and follows them religiously even after a Matt Hranek night at Harry’s Bar, which is not just admirable, but technically impossible. I don’t know how he does it.

@Andy57 ’s jacket is so fire I got burned just looking at it. Seriously, Edward Sexton cuts a mean jacket. Andy is so well-behaved even after a liter of negronis that he makes me blush and feel very self-conscious when I belch next to him.

@Butler jas the cohones to wear a cape — A CAPE — to Pitti, and of course he gets featured by the Rake magazine. But the guy looks like Dracula anyway, so it figures.

Mark Cho talks about his hair all the time it’s annoying. You’d think he’d rag on and on about watches and weird hyper-regional jackets he wants to reproduce, but it’s “Pantene this” and “keratin that”. You’d think he was Kelly LeBrock.

Dick Carroll is at home currently drawing comics of his coworkers at Pitti. He told me not to tell you this, but when he draws Alan See he always puts a bulge in his pants. I shouldn’t have to explain that.

Last edited:

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think most fits appear more toned down comparing to a couple of years ago. There is also a difference from summer and winter.

I find many of the short film clips interesting as it shows a lot of guys not dressing up/out at all.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads