• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MC General Chat

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have never bought anything from Berg & Berg, do report back how it is!
Will do! I bought some ties and such from them a while back but not for several years.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a suit and an odd trouser from B&B and find them to be good quality.

From permanentstyle.com latest post:

TRISKEL
19 hours
A slight side question, but how do you find the quality of the Berg and Berg trousers?
  • SIMON CROMPTON
    18 hours
    Good – perhaps not quite at the level of the others we’ve covered recently nearer £300, but good quality and very good value.
    Only thing I’d change if I could is to have 100% cotton. I know others like the little bit of stretch but personally I prefer without

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a suit and an odd trouser from B&B and find them to be good quality.

From permanentstyle.com latest post:

TRISKEL
19 hours
A slight side question, but how do you find the quality of the Berg and Berg trousers?
  • SIMON CROMPTON
    18 hours
    Good – perhaps not quite at the level of the others we’ve covered recently nearer £300, but good quality and very good value.
    Only thing I’d change if I could is to have 100% cotton. I know others like the little bit of stretch but personally I prefer without
It's always risky getting white pants anyway. I'm sure I'll dump a glass of red wine in my lap on the first wear.

Nbarbar

Reaction score
Man, I seriously want these pants but trying to balance price with actual projected use. $700? Ugh!

Me too.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI MR P has Berg and Berg on sale right now including a white trouser.
I bought the white wool flannel from B&B’s website. Got the last pair I think as it’s now out of stock in 52. Really liked the Rota’s at NMWA as well.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the roper. Dislike the Scarosso boots.

Roper boots push outwards on your jeans though. You need a slightly fuller fitting pant, and even then, they push outward a little. Like engineer boots.
What would you call these? Got them from Billy Reid several years ago and they are not really vaqueros I think. I got them to use while commuting in rain/snow.

IMG_9459.jpg

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From Wikipedia: "Cowboy boots refer to a specific style of riding boot, historically worn by cowboys. ... A newer design, the "roper" style, has a short boot shaft that stops above the ankle but before the middle of the calf, with a very low and squared-off "roper" heel, shaped to the sole of the boot, usually less than one inch high. "

Bromley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Greetings Gents! Just checking in from ?the #Pitty? the #Manswear ?capitol of the universe. Will throw this post up here, but check out my ?Insta? for updates.

The scene outside the "Forteza"???

Ran into some dapper gents at Harrys Bar. The Armory guys, I think. ???

The ice cream (they call it Gelato here) is ******* amazing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads