• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MC General Chat

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In one interview, he explicitly described it as Instagram in print (or words to those effect), which made it make more sense to me.
The magazine really wasn't very substantive for me. Not horrible but it felt just like IG as mentioned above. Seemed like stuff that was already all over the Net.

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
Every time I think of WM Brown, I think of the video Matt Hranek did at Ben Silver. It was so cringeworthy and wonderful, but I can't seem to find it.

kaizerpi

Reaction score
I'm glad the writing in The Rake seems to have gotten a bit better (unless I'm just Covid-starved for entertainment and reading material that isn't news). WM Brown just seems like a weird business model. Expensive subscription rates to fund trips to then show us photos? Reminds me of Tom Sawyer and fence painting.

Not sure he's ever published revenue number/subscribers but I suspect this "brand collaborations" e.g. the Negroni tweed also is part of the business model? Unless those are just fun side things that also help pay the bills.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thought some in this thread would appreciate this.

It's a NWT Made in England suit from RLPL x Chester Barrie (haven't seen too many of these in NWT condition).

Really nice and rare piece (not my listing). If it was a 38R, I would have bid on it.

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m looking for cotton mock- and turtlenecks. Lightweight to wear under a jacket. Any tips? Only found Uniqlo thus far.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m looking for cotton mock- and turtlenecks. Lightweight to wear under a jacket. Any tips? Only found Uniqlo thus far.

Poszetka had some last year. Looks like there's only one color left and limited sizes remaining, but maybe they'll get more in this year for spring

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hello, I'm getting back into the workplace this year and really need to update my CM wardrobe. I'm a casualty of working from home for 6 years and studying for the past year. My casual wardrobe is awesome, but CM is pretty much non existant other than the Gitman Vtg oxford, Kiton tie, and Alden shoes I take out for when I need to be somewhere.

A lot of CM has passed through my hands as I'm an big thrifter so I've been able to try stuff on and see what works and doesn't for me (Stuff from Polo, Kiton, Brunello, Zegna, etc). The biggest thing I notice is I have square sholders from lifting and by the time I get an undershirt, oxford, then sport coat on ANYTHING with padding in the shoulders makes me look like a cartoon character. So my preference is unlined soft sport coats. Just wanted to ask what brands I can look at in the $100 - $200 used price range for these type blazers? I like college trad / vintage / army and my casual wardrobe leans towards that look; random vintage college trad pieces mixed with army surplus, beat up workwear, and fun stuff like Kapital. I've actually like some current Polo Ralph Lauren pieces I'm seeing, they seem to do a decent unlined soft blazer within my price range used and style preferences. And I actually have a corduroy suit from Uniqlo from last season which I like. Any other brands? I'll source my stuff from Yahoo Japan auctions, as that's the best source of stuff for me giving my location in pacific asia..

My measurements are like 42" chest 31" waist, if that helps for brands..

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Runs pretty large, I had to get customer service recommendations. It suggests a S is for 34-36" chest. I'm a 38" chest and I found it to be a comfortable fit, not snug or loose. Looks similiar to the person in the link.
Hello, I'm getting back into the workplace this year and really need to update my CM wardrobe. I'm a casualty of working from home for 6 years and studying for the past year. My casual wardrobe is awesome, but CM is pretty much non existant other than the Gitman Vtg oxford, Kiton tie, and Alden shoes I take out for when I need to be somewhere.

A lot of CM has passed through my hands as I'm an big thrifter so I've been able to try stuff on and see what works and doesn't for me (Stuff from Polo, Kiton, Brunello, Zegna, etc). The biggest thing I notice is I have square sholders from lifting and by the time I get an undershirt, oxford, then sport coat on ANYTHING with padding in the shoulders makes me look like a cartoon character. So my preference is unlined soft sport coats. Just wanted to ask what brands I can look at in the $100 - $200 used price range for these type blazers? I like college trad / vintage / army and my casual wardrobe leans towards that look; random vintage college trad pieces mixed with army surplus, beat up workwear, and fun stuff like Kapital. I've actually like some current Polo Ralph Lauren pieces I'm seeing, they seem to do a decent unlined soft blazer within my price range used and style preferences. And I actually have a corduroy suit from Uniqlo from last season which I like. Any other brands? I'll source my stuff from Yahoo Japan auctions, as that's the best source of stuff for me giving my location in pacific asia..

This isn't used, but S&M does have a soft construction.

Seems to fall in that price range for you, assuming USD. They ship from Canada though if that's an issue.

Paypal also has a free return feature I've read about.

Not sure if their sizing will work for you in terms of chest-waist drop, I would call them and ask.

IIRC, @Konnor also lifts, is swole, and wears S&M.

Last edited:

Racing Green

Reaction score

Aspesi are good for unlined, soft sportcoats in cotton and cotton/linen. I have 4 or 5 in different colours, used them a lot for work back when I actually went into the office.

Yoox can also be good for no name Italian brands plus LBM, Boglioli etc.

And if you can see past the horrendous styling and sort through the reams of garbage then https://www.threedifferent.com/ has some serious bargains.

Bromley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a good friend, a cutter, who recently left Huntsman to start out on his own. His work is really clean and elegant (he's also cut at Dunhill), and he's an all-around excellent person. I couldn't recommend him, or his work highly enough. I know he's planning some US trips for when it's safe to travel again, so if you're looking to order some killer bespoke stuff to live it up in a post-vaccine world, give Matthew Gonzales a shout.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a good friend, a cutter, who recently left Huntsman to start out on his own. His work is really clean and elegant (he's also cut at Dunhill), and he's an all-around excellent person. I couldn't recommend him, or his work highly enough. I know he's planning some US trips for when it's safe to travel again, so if you're looking to order some killer bespoke stuff to live it up in a post-vaccine world, give Matthew Gonzales a shout.

Any examples of his work?

Bromley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of his work in person, but I don't have any pictures to share. You could probably ask him.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads