• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mauri online store - what's the deal?

Perun

Reaction score
Greetings to you all! I'm writing this out of utter despair. Although there are a number of Mauri (and Fennix) shoes that I have on my wishlist, I must have the Mauri style 1152 by January 3rd. Naturally, I tried to order them through the official Mauri online shop, but what followed was pretty disappointing. First off, I started by asking about the international shipping possibilities. I was told that the cost was 200$, while on the online ordering form it's listed as 151$. The employee started off right away by mentioning how I could pay through a wire transfer and PayPal. I proceeded to order the shoes through their online form, and ran into problems right away. First off, I saw that the most expensive UPS shipping service is 151$, instead of the 200$ mentioned in the email. Then, I quickly ordered the shoes through their online ordering system. I emailed the employee, saying that I went ahead and ordered the shoes, and he immediately replied to me "We at Mauri Shoe Retail are sorry to inform you that we did not receive payment for your on order # ... (yes, he didnt give me the order #, while it was in my order confirmation email). International payments Visa and Mastercard are often not processed automatically. This is why I asked you to plase do a wire transfer." Right in between though, I got a confirmation email with my order...(including the order #). I tried to reorder, using "creditcard" instead of "credit card (saved)" as the payment option. It concluded with the message "Gateway error - the transaction is denied". So again I did it through the (saved) option, and waited... Then the following email followed: "The Mastercard transaction is not late, is not accepted, so it is not going to be processed at all. Wire transfers are received the same day, so they are even faster than credit cards." The employee tried billing me for $1,203.82, while the online ordering form says $1073.80.". Well...this pretty much sums it up. I don't dare to use "papashoe" after what I've read, arrowsmith doesn't ship internationally, and when I called candefashion (official mauri retailer), some suspicious pakistani guy picked up the phone.....argh. The Dutch retailer says I have to wait until mid-January for the shoes, and I'll need to pay 25% extra or something....not going to happen! I tried calling Mauri HQ in Italy, but the telephone number is nonexistant. I emailed them instead, and they told me I should contact the Dutch retailer...with above outcome. I've arrived at the point of having near-200 blood pressure, and am nearing hair pulling. I'm having an important ceremony soon, and I MUST have these shoes, but everything seems to not like me at this moment... What do you guys think about the Mauri online store? Any ideas and/or feelings about it all? Any advice on what I should do? thanks in advance!

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No dude, they are really ugly!

ginlimetonic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by anginaprinzmetal
No dude, they are really ugly!
QFT
ffffuuuu.gif
Marui 1152
ffffuuuu.gif
mauri%201152%20Black%20medium%20grey.jpg

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, you might consider yourself lucky - it is illegal to import alligator Internationally. Unless you can find them at a shop here in the States, I would look for something else. You could give Pelle Line in Paramus, NJ a call....or BlueSoleShoes in Philly. They would be the best to get you the shoe if it is possible.

Perun

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RIDER
Well, you might consider yourself lucky - it is illegal to import alligator Internationally. Unless you can find them at a shop here in the States, I would look for something else. You could give Pelle Line in Paramus, NJ a call....or BlueSoleShoes in Philly. They would be the best to get you the shoe if it is possible.
If it were illegal, they couldn't be sent to the USA from Italy in the first place.

It's all perfectly legal (not that I'd care anyway, but just saying). :)

ginlimetonic

Reaction score
*BIG TIMER ALERT*

Originally Posted by cdmoore1855
IMG_0002.jpg

Get shoes like CDM, not like those abominations you are trying to filch online.

Perun

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr monty
Why are buying out of the country? Are you in the states? If so, there are plenty of retailers selling that shoe and can get it to you before 1/3/11

http://upscalemenswear.com/mauri-115...es-p-5361.html

Well, upscalemenswear is where I ordered my shoes. Not too happy about having to pay with PayPal, but luckily I just had enough on my account to order them.
FedEx supposedly delivers them in 2-3 business days, but that doesn't tell me much about how long it takes the guys from New York Fashion (upscalemenswear) to post them.

And I do think it's a bit silly to have to order Italian-made shoes out of the USA back to Europe, but appearantly that's how it has to be.

Besides, in most cases, ordering some shoes from a cheap USA retailer online, is cheaper than ordering them through a physical retailer near my city. I'm not somebody who likes to flush 300 bucks down the toilet, just for the fun of it.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Perun
I'm not somebody who likes to flush 300 bucks down the toilet, just for the fun of it.

I am! Wooo hoooo!!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads