• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Masking Large Feet?

Brian SD

Reaction score
Meh you like fine IMO, I'd rather wear the clothes I want and look like I have (slightly) big feet than wear junk I don't want because I'm embarrassed about my feet, of all things.

Just memorize a witty quip for every potential comment and cycle through them when anyone says anything about your feet. For example "wow those are big boots!" "Shut up your ears are too big for your face, you spunkbubble."

Card

Reaction score
I have the same problem (5'11'' size 12-13 shoes.)

Helps to have a detail that breaks the shoe up like a toecap or brogues.

Also stuff like the white toecaps on chucks look like clown shoes, but when i got monochrome ones they were fine.

And some stuff, like chunky doc martens is probably just a bad idea period (plus i got tired of kicking around 9 lbs of boot)

Xman11815

Reaction score
Registered just to follow this thread.

OP, I fee your pain. I wear size 11.5 and am 5'10", 150lbs. I've worn 31/32 slim fit bootcut jeans (levis 527, bke fulton/carter) with thick-soled boots or bulky shoes (nike shox) for a very long time and have hated feeling forced into a certain style. I wear a uniform 6 days a week and hadn't really shopped in quite a while so I've been looking for ideas for more modern styles and found this thread.

I've been out shopping and trying new fits a few times now. Two things I found very quickly regarding our build type.
(not a fashion guru, this is simply my experience/suggestion)
IMO, pants with any taper make my feet look HUGE with any shoe. Try a regular straight leg in a lighter weight denim.
Second, any shoe without laces, or without any padding (chucks, etc.), make my feet look HUGE with any pants fit. Try the adidas NEO Daily Shoes. I absolutely love them (the SE Daily Vulc in particular. I even wear shorts now because of this shoe).

Side note regarding your t-shirt in the pic: I searched for years trying to find good, plain t-shirts. Tried everything I could find from $1-30 each. I found these Starter Training Fit tees about a year ago for $5 each and they fit absolutely perfect in size Small. They're fairly heavy weight and hold up unexpectedly well.
Thanks boss. What is it about those adidas in particular that you feels makes them good for big feet.

Regarding the t shirt, it's john elliot. May look big but that is the intended fit. I personally like my t shirts to be pretty long and baggy.

Last edited:

tenx82

Reaction score

Thanks boss. What is it about those adidas in particular that you feels makes them good for big feet. 

Regarding the t shirt, it's john elliot. May look big but that is the intended fit. I personally like my t shirts to be pretty long and baggy.

When compared to chucks and the like, there are several things I prefer about the adidas. No contrasting-color toe cap, smaller toe box, taller instep, and a bit of padding all add up to a much more proportionate look IMO. I think the denim look in the vulcs maybe helps a bit too not being just a solid block of color. And as a bonus, the insole is a kind of memory foam and is rather nice to stand in compared to my shox or old boots.

Xman11815

Reaction score
Yo pants is too skinny and yo boots is too pointy.
Yes that has been established.

Whats the best way for me to wear loose fitting jeans without it looking sloppy as ****? Should I get them tapered so there is no break and can pinroll them a few inches above my ankles?

soband

Reaction score
is you like SLP have you tried those cuban heel boots? They would make you taller and I think shrink your feet as well. Just a thought.

Xman11815

Reaction score
Would it be better in my case to wear pants that are cropped/pinrolled or ones that dont expose any ankle?

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Besides the shape pointers, stick to footwear that is dark-colored and (if possible) matte.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads