• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
Vr - how do you know?

I got a post card on this last week. I think it was advertised in the NYT also.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick roundup from this morning:
1) Century 21 Manhattan: Almost nothing discounted. Few interesting goods at full retail.
2) Saks Fifth Avenue: What a freaking mess! Prices were decent. I was shopping for shoes and possibly ties/shirts. People were hoarding ugly casual Gucci and Prada stock (discounted to $225ish). No Edward Green to be found. A few nice Testoni models that were still expensive $4-600.
3) Barney's New York: Alden Shell Cordovan Loafers in #8, size US 8D were marked down to under $300 this AM (see example). This was the best deal I found. BNY also had a few models of C&J marked down to the $300 mark. All-in-all not bad prices.
4) Bergdorf Goodman: WTf happened to their shoe department?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by norcaltransplant
Quick roundup from this morning:
1) Century 21 Manhattan: Almost nothing discounted. Few interesting goods at full retail.
2) Saks Fifth Avenue: What a freaking mess! Prices were decent. I was shopping for shoes and possibly ties/shirts. People were hoarding ugly casual Gucci and Prada stock (discounted to $225ish). No Edward Green to be found. A few nice Testoni models that were still expensive $4-600.
3) Barney's New York: Alden Shell Cordovan Loafers in #8, size US 8D were marked down to under $300 this AM (see example). This was the best deal I found. BNY also had a few models of C&J marked down to the $300 mark. All-in-all not bad prices.
4) Bergdorf Goodman: WTf happened to their shoe department?

+1 on Bergdorg Goodman, they used to have the best shoe selection... no it's blah, though still nice coats and suit, just not discount enough for me.

Side note, Bloomingdale has bunch Corneliani 50% off (even 3 piece) in good range of size and color. The stuff I tried on had much much less shoulder padding compare to what I tried on 2 years ago. Also Bloomingdale start to carry Edward Green, though no discount on those, some Sutor Mantellassi and Testoni were discounted, the best deal is probably the 2 eyelet Sutor Mantellassi derby, 50% off.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
seriously, not a fan of bontoni?

Alert - Full strap alden cordo #8 penny's at Barneys for about $220 after discounts (they didnt have size 10.5 or 11) but have larger and smaller. you have to ask for it.

there are some black c&J cordo PTB for about $290 after taxes and sale in decent size run left. (barneys)

there are a few other c&j chukkas (tetburys!!!!!!!) in many sizes for about $290 after sale price and taxes. I do not know how many other people have been passing this up.

Tetburys (brown calf) look GINORMOUS in UK 10.5 on my feet - it's the biggest looking shoe i've ever tried on that fit. (I passed and went for the brecon)

Barneys is a must hit.

augustin

Reaction score
While strolling down Madison Ave. today, I discovered in the Allen-Edmonds shop across from Brooks a sale on discontinued (soon to be discontinued?) lines. All sale shoes between 135-195. They are eliminating some junk, some nicer shoes. Disappearing models include the Evanston, Easton, and Mcclain.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Saks and Fifth are having a suit consolidation sale on the 9th floor, some good stuff even for smaller size, I saw 1 Polo I DB in 38S, 1 Polo II windowpane suit in 38, 1 E. Zegna navy sports coat in 36, 1 E. Zegna navy suit in 36S, 1 RLBL peak lapel sports coat in 38, 1 Brioni in 38, 2 Isaia in 38 Quite a few Corneliani and Canali in 38, and maybe 1 or 2 Corneliani/Canali in 36. It's up to 60% off, so not amazing by B&S standard, but some good selection.

Barnyes NY, the suit floor has bunch Richard James Savile Row in 38 and 36, some Isaia and E. Zegna stuff in 38.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HisAirness32
Yeah BG doesn't have a great selection anymore. Walked in and out last week.

Its not unusual - most of the big chains cut back dramatically on inventory going into the holiday season. Unlike last year there just isn't an inventory crisis.

Toorman

Reaction score
There are some Tom Ford items on sale at Bergdorfs. Not much, mostly sweaters plus some shoes down stairs. Shoe dept has gone from epic to ehh fairly quickly. They did have a single pair of Kitons in a 9.5 if anyone is interested. It was the only shoe the salesman attempted to "sell" me.

JohnnyCrockett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Toorman
There are some Tom Ford items on sale at Bergdorfs. Not much, mostly sweaters plus some shoes down stairs. Shoe dept has gone from epic to ehh fairly quickly. They did have a single pair of Kitons in a 9.5 if anyone is interested. It was the only shoe the salesman attempted to "sell" me.

Agree that BG shoe selection has gone from great to pretty bad really quickly.

Great selection of tasteful Kiton ties, though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads