• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Malaysian bespoke

terrorsquad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup, its still the same price although he may increase it considering the increasing number of orders he has been getting. It used to be the waiting time was only 1.5 months; now its more like 3 months. Ah Loke still does his suits in house compared to other tailors who send it to factories.

And yup, the guy in the blog got a fused suit.

Last edited:

BespokenUK

Reaction score
thanks for that. Btw would he be willing to do alterations on garments that werent his own? Cant find any decent alteration tailors in Malaysia at all. Im in the UK, just finding someone for my friend who is getting married; the bought a RTW suit from London but need to get it altered. If he is willing to take it it would be a big weight off his shoulders. My friend is in KL. Thanks in advance

terrorsquad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
he does and his charges are very reasonable. He did alterations for my friends Hugo Boss suit. It was quite extensive alterations and he only chraged 20 pounds for it. He alters RTW shirts for 4 pounds.

BespokenUK

Reaction score
Much appreciated....my friend visited Montana tailors in PJ to get alterations on a ready to wear suit and they said alterations is not worth it. It needed square back neck and shortening a jacket 3/4''; they told him altering it would ruin it apparently LOL. As for their product, the cut is bog standard typical far east cut with ZERO style and fully fused and not a single hand stitch in sight. Even armholes are machined! Price is from 900RM in polyester to a half decent no name wool 1800RM. Full canvas is 3600RM in the same cloth LOL. Jokers. Even if they did full canvas it would be rubbish; I could do better myself blindfolded. They had some suits with hand made buttonholes (they do machined as standard) but they are the worst hand made buttonholes Ive ever seen, looked like they'd been done by a monkey. The shirts seemed ok, (priced at from 220RM) but thats how much Bespoked charge and they are competant. Ok rant over this thread is about Ah Loke Tailors.

Last edited:

BespokenUK

Reaction score
I actually called Ah Loke today and he quoted me CMT 1500RM for fused and 2100RM for full canvas. I mentioned I was in London; I dont know if that had anything to do with the price increase!! They was some quite loud guy who put the phone down on me when I asked for Ah loke the master tailor!! No idea what I said that offended him; I spoke to him in Mandarin and I was polite of course.. I called back a few hours later and someone more softly spoken answered the phone and answered my questions.

Last edited:

terrorsquad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe that the fact that you told him that you were from the UK played a part for the increase in price
biggrin.gif
The soft spoken guy should be Ah Loke.

and with regards to the cloth, you can see in thekerbau.com that we are organizing a group buy for a special kind of cloth
smile.gif

Last edited:

BespokenUK

Reaction score
Cloth looks great but Im swamped with cloth at the moment; thanks all the same. Im sure its going to be a sell out. I will let you know how my friend got on with his alterations. I will plan on visiting him as well next time I go to Malaysia.

f1refighter

Reaction score
I just had my first bespoke suit made with Ah Loke and please allow me to cross-post the following pics from my post in the Newbie thread at thekerbau.com

Very very reasonably priced. It's fully canvassed, stitched lapel padding, working cuffs (duh), and customized lining pockets, ticket pocket, etc... A lot of weird oddities but I suppose it being my first time commissioning a suit from Ah Loke, it's also a lesson in communication. I'm still very very new in all of these so I'm still very new in learning all the lingos and also learning how to express and communicate to the tailor what I want.

Am still trying to get proper fit-pics. Will be meeting up with Terrorsquad over the weekend and hopefully he can help me to take them pics :)

Edit: Oh yea, suit is made using Harrison's Mystique cloth in Navy.

Last edited:

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just had my first bespoke suit made with Ah Loke and please allow me to cross-post the following pics from my post in the Newbie thread at thekerbau.com

]

Very very reasonably priced. It's fully canvassed, stitched lapel padding, working cuffs (duh), and customized lining pockets, ticket pocket, etc...[COLOR=FF00AA][COLOR=FF00AA] A lot of weird oddities [/COLOR][/COLOR]but I suppose it being my first time commissioning a suit from Ah Loke, it's also a lesson in communication. I'm still very very new in all of these so I'm still very new in learning all the lingos and also learning how to express and communicate to the tailor what I want.

Am still trying to get proper fit-pics. Will be meeting up with Terrorsquad over the weekend and hopefully he can help me to take them pics :)

Edit: Oh yea, suit is made using Harrison's Mystique cloth in Navy.

What oddities?

allrockedup

Reaction score
Will be heading to Malaysia at the end of Feb. I'm looking forward to getting a suit made with Ah Loke. But where is the best place for shirts? I'm looking to get 9 or so made.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads