• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made in Spain Footwear, including TLB Mallorca, Cobbler Union, Yanko, Norman Vilalta, etc

ridnovir

Reaction score
Hi, newb here.
Trying to buy my first good pair of shoes. Decided to settle on TLB 112 Artista (Goya last) in black or 198 Artiata (Van Gogh last) in black not sure which last should I choose for the first shoe (will be a daily driver for me) - both last look appealing to me. I went to NYC Carmina store and their normal width Rain last fitted me well at Size 7. I usually wear size 8.5 in Nike and Adidas sneakers. Any suggestions on size. I plan on ordering size 7 F and hope for the best. I must say that Carmina cap toe in Rain look good as well but their Cordovan wholecut looks very sleek indeed. So many choices so little cash.. sigh.. I am already scheming on cordovan whole cut from Carmina not sure if I should get them in black or burgundy /red? TLB cordovan is cheaper but the tannery is different (any thoughts on that).. Also, for the price of Carmina's captoe I could get TLB with JR soles as custom order (not sure if the upgrade is worth the increase in price? also not sure if it is safe to order custom because I am unsure of size and not sure if custom can be returned/exchanged). Thanks

Last edited:

MD1969

Reaction score
Hi, newb here.
Trying to buy my first good pair of shoes. Decided to settle on TLB 112 Artista (Goya last) in black or 198 Artiata (Van Gogh last) in black not sure which last should I choose for the first shoe (will be a daily driver for me) - both last look appealing to me. I went to NYC Carmina store and their normal width Rain last fitted me well at Size 7. I usually wear size 8.5 in Nike and Adidas sneakers. Any suggestions on size. I plan on ordering size 7 F and hope for the best. I must say that Carmina cap toe in Rain look good as well but their Cordovan wholecut looks very sleek indeed. So many choices so little cash.. sigh.. I am already scheming on cordovan whole cut from Carmina not sure if I should get them in black or burgundy /red? TLB cordovan is cheaper but the tannery is different (any thoughts on that).. Also, for the price of Carmina's captoe I could get TLB with JR soles as custom order (not sure if the upgrade is worth the increase in price? also not sure if it is safe to order custom because I am unsure of size and not sure if custom can be returned/exchanged). Thanks
Buy a used Brannock device on eBay or have your feet measured at a low-end shoe store.

bpt7594

Reaction score
I'm looking at the 117 Artista Line from TLB. I wear 7.5 in Carmina Inca normally but the heel is a bit too wide for me. Can I take the Goya last in 7.5 or do I have to size down since it's a loafer ?

thuhoan

Reaction score
I'm looking at the 117 Artista Line from TLB. I wear 7.5 in Carmina Inca normally but the heel is a bit too wide for me. Can I take the Goya last in 7.5 or do I have to size down since it's a loafer ?

I wear 7,5 UK-F Carmina Inca chelsea boot, also bit roomy.
- Goya loafer 7 UK-E (cramped toes)
- Goya single monk 7,5 UK-E (comfortable at the toes. Feels similar like Inca in 7,5)
- Picasso wholecut 7UK-E (cramped toes)
- Van Gogh oxford 7,5UK-E (snug fit, imo way snugger than Goya 7,5 UK-E)

For my skinny flat feet, I find Artista in regular width is more wide in the front than Carmina.

bpt7594

Reaction score
I wear 7,5 UK-F Carmina Inca chelsea boot, also bit roomy.
- Goya loafer 7 UK-E (cramped toes)
- Goya single monk 7,5 UK-E (comfortable at the toes. Feels similar like Inca in 7,5)
- Picasso wholecut 7UK-E (cramped toes)
- Van Gogh oxford 7,5UK-E (snug fit, imo way snugger than Goya 7,5 UK-E)

For my skinny flat feet, I find Artista in regular width is more wide in the front than Carmina.
7.5 it is for me then. I have long toes and I can’t walk with cramped toes. I have flat feet, but quite wide at the forefoot and my heels are narrow. Inca is the only last that fits me OK from Carmina. Here’s hoping that Goya 7.5 will too.

thuhoan

Reaction score
7.5 it is for me then. I have long toes and I can’t walk with cramped toes. I have flat feet, but quite wide at the forefoot and my heels are narrow. Inca is the only last that fits me OK from Carmina. Here’s hoping that Goya 7.5 will too.
Yea, but I take 7.5UK in E-width

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cobbler Union, ALEX uR

IMG_4362.jpeg

bpt7594

Reaction score
Already introduced, two versions :) One with strap along the opening on the Goya last, one with inverted stitching along the opening on Dali last. Various versions are available at several retailers, and will be up on the TLB site as well, just think they haven't had time to shoot them yet.

View attachment 1538718

216e79f172090fe976d7d3fba4ab9581.jpg
Any plan to offer the 117 in Dali but without the tassels ?

bpt7594

Reaction score
Any idea if the city soles are easier to break in on a vegano upper ? I tried a burgundy vegano pair with leather sole and it's stiff as hell in the beginning which will ruin my heels..

bpt7594

Reaction score
Just got my 117 custom in Picasso museum calf. Fit is ok on the right shoe but on the left I have some bowing. Any idea how to fix?

Attachments

• 864E63B6-31D4-497D-AED5-FB4214A9B792.jpeg
    864E63B6-31D4-497D-AED5-FB4214A9B792.jpeg
    206.8 KB · Views: 301
  • E90DB543-068F-4DA6-87DF-BEFE34AA5E93.jpeg
    E90DB543-068F-4DA6-87DF-BEFE34AA5E93.jpeg
    198.9 KB · Views: 383

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads