• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made in Spain Footwear, including TLB Mallorca, Cobbler Union, Yanko, Norman Vilalta, etc

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha no worries. I don't own the New Rey anymore but if I recall correctly, the New Rey has a higher and roomier toebox, and has a bit more volume overall (to me). It is also a longer last. If you really need more toe room you might consider regular F or go half size up in E in TLB. TLB-E for me is still more comfortable than Simpson oxfords and Rain chelseas in the same size with regards to toe space.

Interesting, thanks! Yes it sounds like maybe I should go up half a size in the E width, the Ney Rey isn't too bad in the toe, but if the TLB has less room there it's not likely to be a winner.

Not to take away from anyone's experience, but New Rey would be considered both narrower in the vamp and toe and more elongated than TLB lasts in E width, while similar in heel. Experience of toe space may vary due to length of your foot though.

Jazzthief

Reaction score
How much is the difference between different widths? I still have a single pair of quality shoes and am looking to purchase another from TLB. My current pair is dark brown austerity brogue from Yanko that I bought from Skolyx. I just looked at its information and was surprised to find out that they are in G width - that is in wide width. I never considered my feet to be wide as I had bought regular cemented shoes before - always pretty nice ones, but I do not have a clue about their widths.

These Yanko shoes fit me very well and I was wondering how these would compare to TLB widths - would an F from TLB be too narrow?. For additional information, the size of this Yanko pair is 7.5 UK. Does anyone have a clue? As I am inclined towards a customised pair from TLB, I would rather not buy shoes that are too narrow for me.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much is the difference between different widths? I still have a single pair of quality shoes and am looking to purchase another from TLB. My current pair is dark brown austerity brogue from Yanko that I bought from Skolyx. I just looked at its information and was surprised to find out that they are in G width - that is in wide width. I never considered my feet to be wide as I had bought regular cemented shoes before - always pretty nice ones, but I do not have a clue about their widths.

These Yanko shoes fit me very well and I was wondering how these would compare to TLB widths - would an F from TLB be too narrow?. For additional information, the size of this Yanko pair is 7.5 UK. Does anyone have a clue? As I am inclined towards a customised pair from TLB, I would rather not buy shoes that are too narrow for me.

Yanko's G width lasts are considered narrow for G, they are more or less similar to TLB F, very few of our customers that wear Yanko G need to go up to G in TLB. I would not think TLB F would be too narrow for you, at least not based on that info.

In general, when you go up or down in width it's the same volume as one regular size up or down, just with the length kept.

VaNeT

Reaction score
Should I go through customization tool and pay full customization fee or is it a way to pay additional price only for JR sole if I want upgrade sole to JR? Just curious for future purchase

thehkshoeshiner

Reaction score
Should I go through customization tool and pay full customization fee or is it a way to pay additional price only for JR sole if I want upgrade sole to JR? Just curious for future purchase
I don't think if you just want JR sole, you can pay additional just for that. I just don't think it's that flexible.
Of course you can ask Toni, but what I did was just to enjoy the customization tool and create my own pair.
I love it has a personal name on it as well.

VaNeT

Reaction score
I don't think if you just want JR sole, you can pay additional just for that. I just don't think it's that flexible.
Of course you can ask Toni, but what I did was just to enjoy the customization tool and create my own pair.
I love it has a personal name on it as well.
Thanks

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just ordered the brown suede Chukka in Goya last - great service from Toni who agreed to do it in E width as standard.

Hoping the shade of this brown suede will be versatile enough for both casual and smart casual wear - if anyone has any real-life photos, would really appreciate seeing them.

jayteee

Reaction score
I bought a Crockett & Jones Oxford (bench grade) on sale with a similar build to the TLB Artista Picasso I own. In an honest comparison, TLB is the superior shoe:

Leather Quality: TLB used only one small patch of what I'd consider to be wrinkly "belly" leather on the pair of shoes. About half the C&J was this kind of somewhat lower grade leather.

Finishing: TLB's soles are invisible channel stitch, unlike C&J's open stitch. The waist on TLB is narrower and more stylish. The sole edge is smoother on TLB.

Fit: The TLB Oxford is about a centimeter shorter in length than the C&J but it fits the foot better. C&J squeezes the toes more despite its longer dimensions. TLB is comfortable on day one.

Appearance/style: The TLB and C&J are about the same in this category.

Price: I got C&J on deep discount for $220, lower than the TLB's $400. But C&J's regular price was listed as $690.

janoy89

Reaction score
Just ordered the brown suede Chukka in Goya last - great service from Toni who agreed to do it in E width as standard.

Hoping the shade of this brown suede will be versatile enough for both casual and smart casual wear - if anyone has any real-life photos, would really appreciate seeing them.

Awesome man, Toni is fantastic isn't he?

I got my first pair in brown vegano and it's stunning, looking at the brown suede Goya last split toes next. You can get a pretty good feel for the colour in this video if it's of any use to you.

Boggis

Reaction score
Not to take away from anyone's experience, but New Rey would be considered both narrower in the vamp and toe and more elongated than TLB lasts in E width, while similar in heel. Experience of toe space may vary due to length of your foot though.
Plot thickens! That description of the TLB last sounds more like what I'm after, I.e. similar heel but more room in toe and less elongated.

That's awesome, I've actually asked about the exact same earlier today but not got a reply yet. Great to hear that it's possible.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@j ingevaldsson Do you have an updated chart, like this, with the current TLB lasts?

No, but basically Velazquez is identical to Goya/Picasso, with Dali a couple of millimeter longer, due to it being more pointy. But as mentioned before, the fit between all Artista lasts are more or less identical, the base last is the same, it's just the toe shape that differs. For example, Dali was the first try making Goya, but came out a bit too pointy from what we were after so it was rounded off to achieve the Goya shape. But nothing else was changed, and bit pointier toe doesn't affect anything on fit.

Same for the other ones basically, Picasso was the first last, Goya was made from this. And when Picasso was to be made, the main line TLB lasts was the base, since the fit was so praised on these, just enhanced shapes a bit but kept all proportions, so to speak. That's why most experience all TLB shoes very similar in fit, it often varies more if you choose an oxford or a derby compared to another last.

It's pros and cons with this approach, but quite common nowadays, for example Gaziano & Girling have exact same base last on all their standard lasts (loafer last KN14 the exception), just toe shape that differs. Con is that if the fit doesn't work for you, no lasts will. Good thing is that once you get your size sorted and it works well, you can basically just buy any shoe in same size with no hesitations. And as mentioned, and as many here on SF have witnessed, the fit of TLB works well for many, I often hear from customers they found them the most comfortable they have.

Plot thickens! That description of the TLB last sounds more like what I'm after, I.e. similar heel but more room in toe and less elongated.

That's awesome, I've actually asked about the exact same earlier today but not got a reply yet. Great to hear that it's possible.

I'd say give it a go, hard to see it will be very off, good chance you'll get an excellent fit, while worst case is you need to sell them and loose a bit of money, but when you have a bit tricky feet that's often part of it in the hunt for something that works well.

thedose

Reaction score
No, but basically Velazquez is identical to Goya/Picasso, with Dali a couple of millimeter longer, due to it being more pointy. But as mentioned before, the fit between all Artista lasts are more or less identical, the base last is the same, it's just the toe shape that differs. For example, Dali was the first try making Goya, but came out a bit too pointy from what we were after so it was rounded off to achieve the Goya shape. But nothing else was changed, and bit pointier toe doesn't affect anything on fit.

Same for the other ones basically, Picasso was the first last, Goya was made from this. And when Picasso was to be made, the main line TLB lasts was the base, since the fit was so praised on these, just enhanced shapes a bit but kept all proportions, so to speak. That's why most experience all TLB shoes very similar in fit, it often varies more if you choose an oxford or a derby compared to another last.

It's pros and cons with this approach, but quite common nowadays, for example Gaziano & Girling have exact same base last on all their standard lasts (loafer last KN14 the exception), just toe shape that differs. Con is that if the fit doesn't work for you, no lasts will. Good thing is that once you get your size sorted and it works well, you can basically just buy any shoe in same size with no hesitations. And as mentioned, and as many here on SF have witnessed, the fit of TLB works well for many, I often hear from customers they found them the most comfortable they have.

Thanks, I've currently got a pair of TLB shoes on the Alan F last that I just bought, and although they are too big for me, am working with Toni through email to figure out the best size/last that will fit my feet.

Was just wondering if I can find any additional resources that I can use to help me determine if I should go custom:size down 1 full size on Alan G, or move to another last (Bryan for example).

Just trying to get the best fit.

Thanks!

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I've currently got a pair of TLB shoes on the Alan F last that I just bought, and although they are too big for me, am working with Toni through email to figure out the best size/last that will fit my feet.

Was just wondering if I can find any additional resources that I can use to help me determine if I should go custom:size down 1 full size on Alan G, or move to another last (Bryan for example).

Just trying to get the best fit.

Thanks!

As stated, I wouldn't say it's a big difference between Alan and Bryan, again only toe. But if you're already in contact and go through all the personal fit details with Toni, I'm sure he'll help you the best way possible.

thedose

Reaction score
As stated, I wouldn't say it's a big difference between Alan and Bryan, again only toe. But if you're already in contact and go through all the personal fit details with Toni, I'm sure he'll help you the best way possible.

Yeah, he really is great!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads