• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made in Spain Footwear, including TLB Mallorca, Cobbler Union, Yanko, Norman Vilalta, etc

MD1969

Reaction score
Recommend taking to shoe cobbler and having them stretched. A good cobbler can stretch wide and forefoot height.

J.Ben

Reaction score
I got the split toe derby in velazquez, a wholecut in picasso and a loafer in goya. All in E-width. I find the velazquez really low in the toebox to the point that it starts hurting. Anyone experiencing the same?

I have the same issue but not with velazquez. Velazquez with split toe (in the single monk) actually sits quite high and does not put pressure on big toe nail. I have others in Goya or Picasso , same size (one is even one size wider) and still feels very cramped on the toe.
I thought that split toe , given the stitching beneath , might not let the leather sit so tightly on the last on the front part and thus give a hihger toe box. ....

thuhoan

Reaction score
I have the same issue but not with velazquez. Velazquez with split toe (in the single monk) actually sits quite high and does not put pressure on big toe nail. I have others in Goya or Picasso , same size (one is even one size wider) and still feels very cramped on the toe.
I thought that split toe , given the stitching beneath , might not let the leather sit so tightly on the last on the front part and thus give a hihger toe box. ....

I hear you. So what to do now? Stretching the toe box vertically if even possible?

J.Ben

Reaction score
I hear you. So what to do now? Stretching the toe box vertically if even possible?
One pair I tried but it was too tight (van gogh) and sold it for a loss
I sent one of them to the cobbler to try and see if he can stretch vertically and give it also some length
Its really a mistery.. I dont know if the velazquez was the odd one (has a ahigher toebox) and for next pairs I would need a half a size more or not...
questioning what to do with next order

nshula

Reaction score
For those of you who have purchased multiple widths/sizes of TLB Mallorca, would anyone have any recommendations for an exchange or return of the 206 Artista's I posted pictures of on the previous page? The problem I am having is that my right foot, while being the same length as my left, is 4mm wider than my left, as well as being 4-5mm thicker around my instep. So this pair of standard 8 F is a little too tight for my left foot, but WAY too tight for my right foot. I put them on and sat in a chair for about 15 minutes, and just that was killing my instep and across the ball of my foot because of the overall tightness. I can only imagine the pain if I were to stand on my feet in them for more than a couple minutes.

If I were to size up to an 8.5F, I think the fit would be pretty much perfect for my left foot, (although based purely on length I am an 8UK) but I think it would still be too tight on my right foot. But if I then place a custom order for a pair of 8 or 8.5 G width shoes, I am not sure how much wider they will become and if that will then make the left foot much too sloppy. TLB does not offer any size dimensions for their custom widths. Any suggestions or personal stories are welcome. And if you have pictures that you think might help demonstrate the differences feel free to post as well.

Also a couple people have said the Van Gogh last feels ever so slightly more tight in the forefoot than the other Artista lasts, but I am doubtful that would alter my shoe size by a whole 1/2 size?

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I were to size up to an 8.5F, I think the fit would be pretty much perfect for my left foot, (although based purely on length I am an 8UK)
My advice is to not do this if your feet are actually 8 length.

I see this way too often because people want to fit into a shoe with a last that doesn’t fit their feet. You should buy the size that has enough room in the toe box but the ball of your foot should match up with the widest part of the shoe. Assuming you’ve done that with the 8 length and the ball of your foot is indeed in the right spot - I would discuss with the maker about how wide of a last you can go do on MTO and whether you can get one for the left foot and one for the right foot given the size variance.

Adhazem

Reaction score

I see this way too often because people want to fit into a shoe with a last that doesn’t fit their feet. You should buy the size that has enough room in the toe box but the ball of your foot should match up with the widest part of the shoe. Assuming you’ve done that with the 8 length and the ball of your foot is indeed in the right spot - I would discuss with the maker about how wide of a last you can go do on MTO and whether you can get one for the left foot and one for the right foot given the size variance.

Ditto what Jmr said. TLB will do G and H widths.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found the Velasquez too long for me and had to return it. I had to eat the return shipping and other fees (~$100) but so is life. It was a beautiful shoe however.

Last edited:

MD1969

Reaction score

I suggest having your feet measured with a Brannock device or purchase used on ebay; TLB has made one shoe longer then the other for customers.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking to order some TLBs very soon. Who should I contact there about sizing? What’s the best way to do so? Email? IG? Website?

nshula

Reaction score
Another update to my search for finding the correct size for my TLB oxfords. Once again Toni has been nothing but professional, courteous, and helpful, despite me testing his patience quite a bit at this point. Toni was kind enough to exchange the pair of 206 Artista Van Gogh oxfords I originally purchased in a size 8 for a pair of 113 Artista Goya oxfords in 8.5. Just like the pair of 206s, the 113s are no less beautiful, maybe a little more subtle with less brogueing, but the shape of the Artista lasts are stunning.
C23A9ED6-B21B-4C32-A68A-8CB3FF475E2D.jpeg
7D43C5E9-E157-4EE9-9B2E-1466B5EEC0C1.jpeg
1B4AF35E-03EA-4647-9ED0-7853E1AB7CD1.jpeg
77587B41-0F1B-4C43-8864-A1961C132361.jpeg

Adhazem

Reaction score
Another update to my search for finding the correct size for my TLB oxfords. Once again Toni has been nothing but professional, courteous, and helpful, despite me testing his patience quite a bit at this point. Toni was kind enough to exchange the pair of 206 Artista Van Gogh oxfords I originally purchased in a size 8 for a pair of 113 Artista Goya oxfords in 8.5. Just like the pair of 206s, the 113s are no less beautiful, maybe a little more subtle with less brogueing, but the shape of the Artista lasts are stunning. View attachment 1776007 View attachment 1776008 View attachment 1776009 View attachment 1776010
How’s the fit?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ocutene