• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M2m or Bespoke Blazer NYC

Bnaflyer

Reaction score
I am trying to rebuild my wardrobe post Covid. In the past I have worn a lot of Isaia M2m. I loved the feel of those jackets—so light and comfortable. Whether they were the best for for my build (5’9, 220 heavyset mid 50s) is open to debate.

I am going to NYC in early October and would like to order a new blazer. I am open to either M2m or bespoke although I would like to have it ready by March at the latest. (I can make additional trips for fittings as needed ).
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I have looked at Manolo Costa and sartoria Gallo but am open to suggestions. I would like something classic, not fashion forward, and I hope something that works with my middle aged figure (note that although I am definitely portly in the midsection I also work out regularly and so have a decent chest and shoulders ). If this blazer works out then I would like to try some suits but I thought it would make sense to start with a blazer.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MTM there are offerings from The Armoury and No Man Walks Alone. Bespoke depending on dates you’re there: Trunk shows I’m aware of - Sartoria Pastena Oct 12/13, Qemal Selimi Oct 13/14, Ciro Zizolfi Oct 9/10, Edward Sexton Oct 11-13, Henry Poole Oct 3-7, Steed Oct 16/17, Steven Hitchcock 9/29-10/1

TheIronDandy

Reaction score
Cad&the Dandy does bespoke at a significantly lower price than most bespoke tailors, due to having a part of their tailoring operation in India. I have about 15 pieces (suits, jackets and trousers) from them, bought through their Stockholm sister company, and I've found both the quality and the service to be top notch.

Testudo_Aubreii

Reaction score
Check out the list of bespoke and MTM options in NYC area that Daniel Hakimi compiled. Plus additions. For your figure and age, you might want a less close-fitting silhouette than most of the younger cutters and stylists now push. And I'd recommend a basted fit instead of a no-fitting MTM. Adding a forward fitting would be even better. Britches Bespoke and Alan Flusser Custom are probably around the Gallo/Jensen and Costa price points. They should be able to give you a sharp but comfortable cut.

Pedro Tapia Custom inherited Nino Corvato's business, after Tapia worked under him. Corvato used to cut sharp and comfortable suits, as worn by D. Letterman. I can't find pics of Tapia's garments on clients, though.

Testudo_Aubreii

Reaction score
Thanks for these suggestions. Do you have any impression of Paola Martorano?
Silhouette is Alan Flusser-style drape. I think SF member lordsuperb spoke of using Martorano along with Mark Rykken. Might have posted some of his commissions from Martorano along with Rykken's. You could search or ask. PM's currently not cheap for bespoke (especially if it's only a basted fitting with no forward fitting--not sure whether this in fact was PM they were discussing. For that kind of money, I'd want both a basted and a forward. But YMMV.). Also, apparently doesn't offer MTM.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Silhouette is Alan Flusser-style drape. I think SF member lordsuperb spoke of using Martorano along with Mark Rykken. Might have posted some of his commissions from Martorano along with Rykken's. You could search or ask. PM's currently not cheap for bespoke (especially if it's only a basted fitting with no forward fitting--not sure whether this in fact was PM they were discussing. For that kind of money, I'd want both a basted and a forward. But YMMV.). Also, apparently doesn't offer MTM.

I think this is out of date - they currently offer MTM at the $4500 rate for a jacket on their website. I believe it does not come an actual fitting and just minor adjustments (sleeve and trouser length, maybe taking the waist of the jacket or pants)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads