• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

suitntieguy

Reaction score
What would you call this type of fabric? Does anyone know of a luxire version?
Thanks

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else have problems with the creasing of Luxire's trousers? Either the creasing isn't pressed properly or there's something else making the crease fall on the inside of the leg 99 % of the time. It's quiet annoying and looks ridiculous, especially when sitting down or standing still. It's like the creasing is rotating to the inside along the leg and falls on the inside of the shoe. Is Luxire pressing the crease to much to the center starting from the hip or is it simply a fit issue that I need to address? Thanks.

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Does anyone else have problems with the creasing of Luxire's trousers? Either the creasing isn't pressed properly or there's something else making the crease fall on the inside of the leg 99 % of the time. It's quiet annoying and looks ridiculous, especially when sitting down or standing still. It's like the creasing is rotating to the inside along the leg and falls on the inside of the shoe. Is Luxire pressing the crease to much to the center starting from the hip or is it simply a fit issue that I need to address? Thanks.

When you widen your stance the crease moves to the right position? This is afaik caused by the trouser legs being attached in too large of an angle.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When you widen your stance the crease moves to the right position? This is afaik caused by the trouser legs being attached in too large of an angle.
Thanks for the reponse. The crease of the left leg moves to the right and the crease of the right leg moves to the left. The creases falls inwards.

Have you experienced the same problem, and how did you/Luxire remedy this?

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've gotten a few shirts from Luxire with positive results and yesterday I received my first pair of trousers. I had sent in a pair of my own to get copied, while increasing the rise a bit, and they came out great except maybe just a tad too tight in the waist, but I chalk that up to the higher rise and the very thick material I picked, especially compared to the pants I sent in to get copied. No problem though since there is more than enough material inside to let them out a bit.

The pants are in the "Maroon Molloy Plain Donegal Tweed" and they are heavy AF in the best way possible. I'm seriously considering getting a couple more pair in different colors of that heavy tweed.

No photos of mine yet but I'll be sure to get a couple after I get them back from being let out.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've gotten a few shirts from Luxire with positive results and yesterday I received my first pair of trousers. I had sent in a pair of my own to get copied, while increasing the rise a bit, and they came out great except maybe just a tad too tight in the waist, but I chalk that up to the higher rise and the very thick material I picked, especially compared to the pants I sent in to get copied. No problem though since there is more than enough material inside to let them out a bit.

The pants are in the "Maroon Molloy Plain Donegal Tweed" and they are heavy AF in the best way possible. I'm seriously considering getting a couple more pair in different colors of that heavy tweed.

No photos of mine yet but I'll be sure to get a couple after I get them back from being let out.

You seriously need to posted pictures of this when you get them back! I've been waiting to see real life pictures of this fabric done by Luxire for a while now. Gorgeous color and I love the speckling!

scrolls

Reaction score
+3. I have a hard time visualizing how speckled fabrics look on a full pair of pants from just a swatch. Solid colors are much easier.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously considering going full on country suiting 3 piece with a few of those Molloy fabrics...despite living in LA...I don't think I'd ever need to use the heater in my home.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

+3. I have a hard time visualizing how speckled fabrics look on a full pair of pants from just a swatch. Solid colors are much easier. 

I will say the speckles are definitely noticeable in person but not nearly as pronounced as they are in the photo which must have been taken really closely.

The fabrics are definitely on he rougher side of tweed; I just got a tweed suit from the current MTO offerings at Epaulet (also out for alterations...) and these Malloy tweeds make the Harris Tweed from Epaulet feel like a worsted wool. I may have a hard time pairing them with a sportcoat so they'll probably get worn most often with big thick sweaters.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fitsmartfatburner1