• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I won an auction for the first time in months! :D
dude its been a bit!

INORITE

I get outbid at almost everything I leave bids on. I'm beginning to give up. Do you all use some special sniping service or just the built in Ebay maximum bid method?

1. Dont give up
2. Dont be cheap, bid more
3. profit!

Amazing for a piece of fabric that will get wadded up and stuffed in a pocket.

**beautifully

Kamil1987

Reaction score
I get outbid at almost everything I leave bids on. I'm beginning to give up. Do you all use some special sniping service or just the built in Ebay maximum bid method?

My best wins so far (PT01 pants, Spacca Neapolis tie and Cantarelli Jacket) were just bid once and won without any need to make last second shots. I think it's just a matter of realistic bid and not having similar taste/size with the others at that particular time ;)

Lithonial

Reaction score

I just throw out the most I am willing to pay and hope for the best... And then sometimes talk myself into higher bids if that gets outbid before the end of the auction and get into a bidding war. I definitely lose a good number of the auctions I try for, but most of the time it is for more than I was really wanting to pay anyways. Keep with it and you will grab some awesome finds!

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SpooPoker,

Remember buying those cheap alligator card cases several years ago? How did yours hold up? I rotate 4 or 5 and they are still in good shape.

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score
I just throw out the most I am willing to pay and hope for the best... And then sometimes talk myself into higher bids if that gets outbid before the end of the auction and get into a bidding war. I definitely lose a good number of the auctions I try for, but most of the time it is for more than I was really wanting to pay anyways. Keep with it and you will grab some awesome finds!

Yeah, exactly this. I also decide how much I am prepared to pay as a maximum and put that bid in pretty early, rather than keep upping it as I get outbid. Then if I do get outbid I say goodbye (unless at that point I realise that I am prepared to pay a bit more!). I have missed out on a few things but also got some bargains (Paul Smith wool coat for $83 - I think my max bid was easily $150; Ralph Lauren vintage jacket for ±$13) - it's a question of luck and numbers. Don't expect to win all (or even most ) of the items you bid on, if you are disciplined and have a limit on what you can afford or are prepared to pay.

It also depends on what I bidding on; last week I was bidding on two cream jackets (one more casual than the other) - one went way above my maximum so I felt able to increase my max bid on the other (and got it for a reasonable amount in the end).

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
SpooPoker,

Remember buying those cheap alligator card cases several years ago? How did yours hold up? I rotate 4 or 5 and they are still in good shape.

Oh yeah! Those were awesome. I either sold mine or have them stashed away in a box somewhere, I haven't had it out probably since then. Yes, I hoard exotic accessories.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@SpooPoker , I'm sure it has been posted many times, but what are the guidelines for sending you stuff? Your web site is down...

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@SpooPoker , I'm sure it has been posted many times, but what are the guidelines for sending you stuff? Your web site is down...

? Website works. Though someone said the other day they couldn't email me at luxeswamp.com :lol:

Shoot me a PM with what you're considering, but odds are if you see a fair number in a sales price in my completed listings (Resume link in my signature), it would work again!

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
? Website works. Though someone said the other day they couldn't email me at luxeswamp.com :lol:

Shoot me a PM with what you're considering, but odds are if you see a fair number in a sales price in my completed listings (Resume link in my signature), it would work again!

Because you drain Mr. Big of his clothing?

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
#DrainTheLuxeSwamp aka LuxeSwap Non-partisan Mid-Term Election Auctions

1 November 2018

1. Charvet Solid Scarlet Red Extra Long Satin Power Tie

2. Alan Couture Ostrich Skin Bomber Jacket

3. Ultra-luxe Filson Teflon Reinforced Ripstop Poly EPA-Issue Tactical Pants

4. Unworn Ede & Ravenscroft SCOTUS Robes with BK Monogram

5. Asprey Sterling Silver Engraved MAGA Hip Flask

6. Balenciaga 2017 Embroidered Bernie Sanders Spellout Logo Nylon Blouson

7. Brioni Black Wool Lightweight Overcoat - Avenatti 2020 Fundraiser

8. Isaia for Michael Cohen - Loud Checked Cashmere Sport Coat with Lapel Pin

9. Hermes Donkey Elephant Boxing Match Silk Necktie

10. Iconic Vintage 90s Blue GAP Belted Dress - Stains

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
#DrainTheLuxeSwamp aka LuxeSwap Non-partisan Mid-Term Election Auctions

1 November 2018

1. Charvet Solid Scarlet Red Extra Long Satin Power Tie

2. Alan Couture Ostrich Skin Bomber Jacket

3. Ultra-luxe Filson Teflon Reinforced Ripstop Poly EPA-Issue Tactical Pants

4. Unworn Ede & Ravenscroft SCOTUS Robes with BK Monogram

7. Brioni Black Wool Lightweight Overcoat - Avenatti 2020 Fundraiser

8. Isaia for Michael Cohen - Loud Checked Cashmere Sport Coat with Lapel Pin

10. Iconic Vintage 90s Blue GAP Belted Dress - Stains

THIS IS ******* GOLD :lol:

If I may though :

1. Italo Ferretti Solid Scarlet Red Extra Long Satin Power Tie

2. CAMPAIGN FUNDED Alan Couture Ostrich Skin Bomber Jacket

3. ICE ESSENTIAL Ultra-luxe Filson Teflon Reinforced Ripstop Poly EPA-Issue Tactical Pants

4. NWT DEADSTOCK Ede & Ravenscroft SCOTUS Robes with BK Monogram (defect - beer stains)

7. Brioni STORMY Black Wool Lightweight Overcoat - Avenatti 2020 Fundraiser

8. COOPERATIVE Isaia for Michael Cohen - Loud Checked Cashmere Sport Coat with Lapel Pin

10. Iconic Vintage 90s Saxophone Blue GAP Belted Dress - Stains

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well done, good sir! :crackup::cheers:

Edit: I had no idea that Trump wears Italo Ferretti. I'm now going to spend the rest of his presidency examining every image to see if he ever starts using their signature "navetta" shirt button attachment loop...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndavid20224