1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Louis Vuitton Card Holder

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by osu26011, Jun 27, 2016.

1. osu26011

osu26011 New Member

Bought a Damier Ebene card holder the other day at an LV store. I like it, I really do, as well as the LV history and heritage. I'm having second thoughts though on whether it's truly for me. I'm not a flashy person at all. Most of my stuff is from J Crew/Brooks Brothers, etc and I don't own anything like this, really designer level. My concern though is that with all the fakes and what not plus trashy people who go overboard with LV, is it possible to be taken seriously with it anymore. Or has the brand pretty much been sullied to no return? If I take it back I think I'll just get a Bottega Venata holder.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  2. Astaroth

Astaroth Senior member

How does someone take you seriously or not by your wallet? When do you ever pay any notice to other peoples wallets? Are you thinking you'll get a free bump to a suite the next time you check into a hotel because you get your AmEx Platinum card out of an LV wallet?

I personally dont like LV and think $200 for a plasticised canvas wallet is way to much especially when I can spend £120 ($158 thanks to our collapsed currency) on a handmade leather card wallet like http://www.equusleather.co.uk/accessories/equus-handstitched-wallets/the-minimal-lloyd-wallet.html

If however I did like it, as I do with a couple of my other "designer" pieces then I wouldnt care who else has one and it wouldnt even cross my mind to think "what may a shop assistant think when I get it out".