• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Louis Vuitton Card Holder

osu26011

Reaction score
Bought a Damier Ebene card holder the other day at an LV store. I like it, I really do, as well as the LV history and heritage. I'm having second thoughts though on whether it's truly for me. I'm not a flashy person at all. Most of my stuff is from J Crew/Brooks Brothers, etc and I don't own anything like this, really designer level. My concern though is that with all the fakes and what not plus trashy people who go overboard with LV, is it possible to be taken seriously with it anymore. Or has the brand pretty much been sullied to no return? If I take it back I think I'll just get a Bottega Venata holder.

Last edited:

Astaroth

Reaction score
Bought a Damier Ebene card holder the other day at an LV store. I like it, I really do, as well as the LV history and heritage. I'm having second thoughts though on whether it's truly for me. I'm not a flashy person at all. Most of my stuff is from J Crew/Brooks Brothers, etc and I don't own anything like this, really designer level. My concern though is that with all the fakes and what not plus trashy people who go overboard with LV, is it possible to be taken seriously with it anymore. Or has the brand pretty much been sullied to no return? If I take it back I think I'll just get a Bottega Venata holder.

How does someone take you seriously or not by your wallet? When do you ever pay any notice to other peoples wallets? Are you thinking you'll get a free bump to a suite the next time you check into a hotel because you get your AmEx Platinum card out of an LV wallet?

I personally dont like LV and think $200 for a plasticised canvas wallet is way to much especially when I can spend £120 ($158 thanks to our collapsed currency) on a handmade leather card wallet like http://www.equusleather.co.uk/accessories/equus-handstitched-wallets/the-minimal-lloyd-wallet.html

If however I did like it, as I do with a couple of my other "designer" pieces then I wouldnt care who else has one and it wouldnt even cross my mind to think "what may a shop assistant think when I get it out".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads