• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loro Piana outerwear sizing

bandeapart

Reaction score
Should a EU48 wear a small or medium in Loro Piana outerwear? I've seen retailers indicate that a small corresponds to a EU48, but for the few pieces I've tried on, I've found that a small can be a bit tight. Can anyone with more experience pipe in?

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bandeapart
, I've found that a small can be a bit tight.

Doesn't this answer your question?

S/M/L would vary by country.

There is a guy here visiting on a work transfer. He claims to wear a US M. In Italy he buys XXXXL or something .

bandeapart

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nicola
Doesn't this answer your question?

S/M/L would vary by country.

There is a guy here visiting on a work transfer. He claims to wear a US M. In Italy he buys XXXXL or something .

The pieces I tried on were in Europe and I was told that the particular models ran slim. I'm based in the US and a relative is picking out a coat for me as a present, so I won't have a chance to try it on.

intfxdx

Reaction score
I was also wondering same thing, i have 38.3 inches chest and i wear of suit size 38 but normally my sweaters and sport coats are medium.
Equivalent of 38 is 48 E, and on ebay it's stated that it's small not medium. That means should i wear small, rather than medium ?
The best is measurement but in sweater, measurement changes a lot depending on fabric.

JensenH

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bandeapart
Should a EU48 wear a small or medium in Loro Piana outerwear? I've seen retailers indicate that a small corresponds to a EU48, but for the few pieces I've tried on, I've found that a small can be a bit tight. Can anyone with more experience pipe in?

Recent LP collections run on the slim side, so I think a medium would fit you better.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads