• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Loro Piana outerwear sizing

bandeapart

Reaction score
Should a EU48 wear a small or medium in Loro Piana outerwear? I've seen retailers indicate that a small corresponds to a EU48, but for the few pieces I've tried on, I've found that a small can be a bit tight. Can anyone with more experience pipe in?

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bandeapart
, I've found that a small can be a bit tight.

Doesn't this answer your question?

S/M/L would vary by country.

There is a guy here visiting on a work transfer. He claims to wear a US M. In Italy he buys XXXXL or something .

bandeapart

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nicola
Doesn't this answer your question?

S/M/L would vary by country.

There is a guy here visiting on a work transfer. He claims to wear a US M. In Italy he buys XXXXL or something .

The pieces I tried on were in Europe and I was told that the particular models ran slim. I'm based in the US and a relative is picking out a coat for me as a present, so I won't have a chance to try it on.

intfxdx

Reaction score
I was also wondering same thing, i have 38.3 inches chest and i wear of suit size 38 but normally my sweaters and sport coats are medium.
Equivalent of 38 is 48 E, and on ebay it's stated that it's small not medium. That means should i wear small, rather than medium ?
The best is measurement but in sweater, measurement changes a lot depending on fabric.

JensenH

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bandeapart
Should a EU48 wear a small or medium in Loro Piana outerwear? I've seen retailers indicate that a small corresponds to a EU48, but for the few pieces I've tried on, I've found that a small can be a bit tight. Can anyone with more experience pipe in?

Recent LP collections run on the slim side, so I think a medium would fit you better.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.