• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lodger Shoes - London

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Those are very nice shoes. Good choice.

negusnegas

Reaction score
thanks..worked out well..called in when that psa went out about their end of season sale and this was the only pair left in my size.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another sale e-mail: "The Sample Sale - SIZE 8 UK only. This event will take place in the shop this Thursday, 26 May at 5 PM, and the sale will be extended to Saturday at 6 PM. If you can’t make it, you can place an order over the phone or in the shop on Friday and Saturday only. List of samples"

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by culverwood
Another sale e-mail:

"The Sample Sale - SIZE 8 UK only. This event will take place in the shop this Thursday, 26 May at 5 PM, and the sale will be extended to Saturday at 6 PM.
If you can't make it, you can place an order over the phone or in the shop on Friday and Saturday only.
List of samples"

Shame its just 8's
frown.gif

MrPhineasCole

Reaction score
Greetings all,

I just wanted to toss up a post and see if loyal Lodger customers have any behind-the-scenes information about the acquisition by Lutwyche. I know that the founder Nathan Brown has since walked away from the company, as well as Christian Kimber. I've purchased both ready-to-wear and custom made Shoe of the Month pairs from the company in the past, and have been quite pleased with their product and service, but as of late I've noticed that the website has been deteriorating and that nobody seems to respond to my multiple emails. Unfortunately I live in the US and am not able to physically travel to the store, and I feel somewhat weary of making phone calls to the store purely for information/gossip with no intention of making a purchase. Are the shoes being made in the same factories? Does anybody know which factories produced shoes for Lodger (particularly the Italian line)? Is the Shoe of the Month promotion being discontinued? Does Nathan Brown have any plans on starting a new company?

Thanks in advance to all of you shoe horses out there for your time and help.

JulianB

Reaction score
Hi,

I've also noticed the cessation of the Shoe of the Month. ASOS is also selling Lodger shoes which don't feature on the website. Found out today that Alfred Sargent no longer make shoes for Lodger.

Cheers

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ruh-Roh!!

I like the green captoes, though.

countbaron

Reaction score
The 'Hamilton' model that Lodger advertises at £450 on their site under the 'English contemporary' section are made by Cheaney.
I know that because I bought a pair for myself in Cheaney's factory store which even says Lodger on the soles

They are good looking shoes, but £450 what a joke.

I wouldn't trust a brand that overprices their stuff to this level with any of my money

All in all they were a good buy (£90 due to a small cut in the vamp) but £450 my god ....:D:D

MrPhineasCole

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, Julian.

I find the switch in manufacturer to be a little concerning. Given their plan for expansion, I would bet against the chances of them upgrading to higher-quality/smaller-scale product.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The 'Hamilton' model that Lodger advertises at £450 on their site under the 'English contemporary' section are made by Cheaney.
I know that because I bought a pair for myself in Cheaney's factory store which even says Lodger on the soles

They are good looking shoes, but £450 what a joke.

I wouldn't trust a brand that overprices their stuff to this level with any of my money

All in all they were a good buy (£90 due to a small cut in the vamp) but £450 my god ....:D:D

Lodger was nice and interesting but always a rip off and that was the source of their problems.

Shire Rose 74

Reaction score
From what I understand the Lodger branding is changing to Lutwyche and will still be made at the current factory to the same high standard.

Macallan

Reaction score

Lodger was nice and interesting but always a rip off and that was the source of their problems.

Lodger was a nice idea, but lack of designs (they needed more RTW designs) and prices were a let down. They were not competitive during the year, even less so during the sales - EG shoes were cheaper then Lodgers.

They did have some quality issues at the start too, Nathan mentioned some people had problems with the shoe heels, which Lodger got repaired free-of-charge for them.

Macallan

Reaction score

From what I understand the Lodger branding is changing to Lutwyche and will still be made at the current factory to the same high standard.
I have noticed that some of the designs are no longer available

MrPhineasCole

Reaction score
From what I've read in their newsletters, all of their Italian line has been discontinued. They came out with a spring/summer collection that was not available to view on the website for months, but within the last seven days I noticed it has begun to appear on the site (summer shoes just in time for fall?) but without pictures or any text information.

For any of those that are interested, I also recently noticed that they replaced the Error message on the Shoe of the Month page with links to all of the past Shoes of the Month. I often appreciated the innovation behind those models, and I personally believe that is where the passion of their designers truly manifested. The vintage tennis shoe, the sheepskin-lined country boot, the patent/suede laced tuxedo shoe, the cross-strapped Jodphur, and the linen oxford are among my favorites. I had the two-tone desert boots made for me, and now I regret not indulging in some of those others models that caught my eye. Unfortunately I think it's now safe to say that ship has sailed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads