• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lock Monte Cristi, Derek Rose, Scottish Cashmere

Less Is More

Reaction score
For Sale:

James Lock panama hat, Monte Cristi classic, medium brim, fine quality.  Black band.  Never worn outdoors, but tried on.  $200+ when ordered from Lock's London shop in 2002.  Size 58 cm (22.8").  A "fedora" style, not a "planter" style shape.  Rudimentary hat box/shipping box included.  Sells for 150 pounds/ $288 currently from Lock, much more than that from an American store -- Cable Car Clothiers has it for $400.  
(Amount: $70 + mail)

A deep solid navy Derek Rose wool robe, size M, $330 to $340 when ordered new in 2002.  Medium blue trim/piping.  Never worn, tried on.  Shoulders were taken in to make it a true medium for me (I have a 40" chest, 34.5" sleeve).  Folded correctly in the bag it came in.  Tags are not on it -- but they might be in the bag, I'll have to check.
(Amount: $125 + mail)

N. Peal solid beige ("natural") single-ply Scottish cashmere button vest, size M (42", I believe), purchased for 175 pounds/ $330 from N. Peal London shop in 2001 or 2002.  Tried on, never worn.  In original bag.  Yarn processor Todd & Duncan says it still supplies both Ballantyne and N. Peal.  Fine quality, good-looking under a sportsjacket or with shirtsleeves.
(Amount: $45 + mail)

Vanilla or cream-colored 100% cashmere Ralph Lauren cable-kint socks.  Fits any size foot, generally speaking.  No imperfections.  Worn two or three times.  Hand-washed in Eucalan lanolin detergent; now soft as can be.  Bought in 2001 or 2002 at the Chicago Ralph Lauren store, orig. $135 to $150.  Not "Polo."  Excellent with brogues.
(Amount: $5 + mail)

Thank you. Please e-mail for photographs.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I just bought a Brigg Umbrella from Less Is More, and suggested he post his other items here. I'll update when I recieve the umbrella, should have it by the end of the week.

STYLESTUDENT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just spoke for the N Peal cashmere vest. I will post under this topic when I receive it.

This member seems to have pretty good taste, if these are his discards.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Got my Brigg Umbrella today, as described and as promised. Less Is More comes highly recommended..

STYLESTUDENT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received my N Peal cashmere sleeveless cardigan today from "Less is More". Better than I expected -r emarkable. Less is More behaved impeccably throughout this transaction and I recommend him.

mano

Reaction score
Received my hat a few days ago.  It was perfectly packaged in a special hat box. Great hat, great price and great dealing with Less is More. The world should only be filled with people like him.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads