1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Lock Monte Cristi, Derek Rose, Scottish Cashmere

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by Less Is More, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Less Is More

Less Is More New Member

For Sale:

James Lock panama hat, Monte Cristi classic, medium brim, fine quality.  Black band.  Never worn outdoors, but tried on.  $200+ when ordered from Lock's London shop in 2002.  Size 58 cm (22.8").  A "fedora" style, not a "planter" style shape.  Rudimentary hat box/shipping box included.  Sells for 150 pounds/ $288 currently from Lock, much more than that from an American store -- Cable Car Clothiers has it for $400.  
    (Amount: $70 + mail)

A deep solid navy Derek Rose wool robe, size M, $330 to $340 when ordered new in 2002.  Medium blue trim/piping.  Never worn, tried on.  Shoulders were taken in to make it a true medium for me (I have a 40" chest, 34.5" sleeve).  Folded correctly in the bag it came in.  Tags are not on it -- but they might be in the bag, I'll have to check.
    (Amount: $125 + mail)

N. Peal solid beige ("natural") single-ply Scottish cashmere button vest, size M (42", I believe), purchased for 175 pounds/ $330 from N. Peal London shop in 2001 or 2002.  Tried on, never worn.  In original bag.  Yarn processor Todd & Duncan says it still supplies both Ballantyne and N. Peal.  Fine quality, good-looking under a sportsjacket or with shirtsleeves.
    (Amount: $45 + mail)

Vanilla or cream-colored 100% cashmere Ralph Lauren cable-kint socks.  Fits any size foot, generally speaking.  No imperfections.  Worn two or three times.  Hand-washed in Eucalan lanolin detergent; now soft as can be.  Bought in 2001 or 2002 at the Chicago Ralph Lauren store, orig. $135 to $150.  Not "Polo."  Excellent with brogues.
    (Amount: $5 + mail)

Thank you. Please e-mail for photographs.

2. A Harris

A Harris Well-Known Member

I just bought a Brigg Umbrella from Less Is More, and suggested he post his other items here. I'll update when I recieve the umbrella, should have it by the end of the week.

3. STYLESTUDENT

STYLESTUDENT Well-Known Member

I just spoke for the N Peal cashmere vest. I will post under this topic when I receive it.

This member seems to have pretty good taste, if these are his discards.

4. Less Is More

Less Is More New Member

Thank you to the buyers and for the kind feedback.  All the items are now out of my possession.

5. A Harris

A Harris Well-Known Member

Got my Brigg Umbrella today, as described and as promised. Less Is More comes highly recommended..

6. STYLESTUDENT

STYLESTUDENT Well-Known Member

Received my N Peal cashmere sleeveless cardigan today from "Less is More". Better than I expected -r emarkable. Less is More behaved impeccably throughout this transaction and I recommend him.

7. mano

mano Well-Known Member

Received my hat a few days ago.  It was perfectly packaged in a special hat box. Great hat, great price and great dealing with Less is More. The world should only be filled with people like him.