• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fiennes

Reaction score
afarleycountryattire is where I intended to buy them but they just removed them from sale yesterday without reducing themm. Unfortunately countryhouseoutdoor don't have a size 8 :(

bandman

Reaction score
Another one to try is Bradshaw and Lloyd, north of Brighton. GF bought some boots from them and very helpful, give them a call. I think that possibly instore prices may be lower than online.

bandman

Reaction score
Just remembered, another place to have a look at is Debenhams online, free delivery and returns. Also, have a check for any voucher codes. I bought my Rookes from there, they had them reduced and also found a 10% discount code.

Fiennes

Reaction score
Hi Bandman, unfortunately Debenhams no longer have the Hyde's. In the end i decided to acquire both the Anglesey and Hyde's from Loake direct. I will post some photos when they arrive. Before the first wear, what do you recommend I treat them with? Also, is there a way I can influence the colour of the Hyde grain?

Last edited:

bandman

Reaction score
Hi, I just tend to wear my shoes/boots without treating them with anything. I wear them indoors for a couple of days or so to start with and then introduce them to the outside world. Wipe/brush after wearing until they need some shoe cream or polish. A brush after wearing keeps mine looking fine, I just use Woly medium brown shoe cream which gives a bit of a shine with a shoe brush and occasionally use some shoe polish. I have found that they have darkened a bit which I don't mind. I look after my footwear, but not fanatically, they are made to be used!

I do have a question that others may be able to answer regarding my Loake Gables Shoemakers Collection (Dainite sole). What is the difference besides the sole between the Gable (Goodyear Welted Rubber Soles and Claridge Last/G fitting) and the Downing 1880 Collection (leather sole, Capital Last/F fitting) . They look very similar. Slightly different last shape but besides the sole, why is the Gable in the shoemaker collection and the Downing in the 1880. I do like the Gable, very comfortable and light to wear, rather like slippers :>)

Thanks.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mitchum in Brown Suede.

Last edited:

Resonator

Reaction score
Can someone please help me with Pimlico sizing? If I take a uk 8.5 in Carmina lasts Rain, Forest and Oscar what would I be in the suede Pimlico chukka? Thanks ....

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Can someone please help me with Pimlico sizing? If I take a uk 8.5 in Carmina lasts Rain, Forest and Oscar what would I be in the suede Pimlico chukka? Thanks ....

Hi

We find the capital last (on the pimlico) fits true to size. As the rain last also fits true to size, we would consider it most likely that 8.5 UK in the Pimlico would be appropriate.

Happy to be of further help if required.

Mike

robinsons-shoes

Reaction score
Hello Sir

We're so sorry to hear of the problem you have experienced when placing an order on our website. We're not aware of any security issues with our website so if you could contact us directly with some further details, we can investigate this further.

Many thanks,

Robinson's Shoes

mdubya

Reaction score
Hello Sir

We're so sorry to hear of the problem you have experienced when placing an order on our website. We're not aware of any security issues with our website so if you could contact us directly with some further details, we can investigate this further.

Many thanks,

Robinson's Shoes
Done, please see my email.

Resonator

Reaction score

Hi

We find the capital last (on the pimlico) fits true to size. As the rain last also fits true to size, we would consider it most likely that 8.5 UK in the Pimlico would be appropriate.

Happy to be of further help if required.

Mike

OK .... thank you. Would you say that the Pimlico is a lot more elongated that rain?

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
OK .... thank you. Would you say that the Pimlico is a lot more elongated that rain?

Perhaps this image answers your question better than words? On the left is the Loake Aldwych in the capital last and on the right is the Tobias on the Rain last. The latter is slightly more elongated.

Resonator

Reaction score

[COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] Perhaps this image answers your question better than words? On the left is the Loake Aldwych in the capital last and on the right is the Tobias on the Rain last. The latter is slightly more elongated.
Wow .... ok. And they are both in the same size? Thanks .... helps a lot.

leto3

Reaction score
FYI for anyone making a purchase from Robinsons... 99% sure (probably they are not aware of this) their website is compromised and credit card info is being sniffed. 2 separate cards used to purchase shoes, both had fraudulent transactions within a week following purchase. One card was used for nothing else. Both fraudulent charges from the same area in the US.

I also had the same issue after ordering at Robinsons shoes.
I was unable to pay via paypal on their website : I paid by credit card . About 1 week later a fraudulent transaction was logged on my card as well ... I have sent Robinsons a mail and see what they say bout it .

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads