• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

loafers with dress pants?

bugatti.veyron

Reaction score
I like loafers - I'll even wear 'em with a suit - just not the ones you posted.
However, I do not like the loafers that you posted.
Not a fan of the horse bit loafer.

Do you have any recommendations for loafers that would go better with dress pants? I'm new to this

Also, I'm in my early 20s so I thought tassel loafers might be a bit strange

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
penny loafers... i really like santoni.

edit: i just realized the first one is a santoni... get a bit more of a classic design...

dmac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bugatti.veyron
Do you have any recommendations for loafers that would go better with dress pants? I'm new to this

Also, I'm in my early 20s so I thought tassel loafers might be a bit strange

Consider the Alden full strap loafers.

bugatti.veyron

Reaction score
penny loafers... i really like santoni. edit: i just realized the first one is a santoni... get a bit more of a classic design...
Would something like this be better?
sa-ogden-dbfs.jpg
I've tried on more "classic" penny loafers like the alden full strap and AE waldens, but they feel incredibly stiff and uncomfortable so I looked around for some "softer" leather
Not a fan of the horse bit loafer.
How about these? Or are you saying I should stay away from horse bit loafers in general?
_6167874.jpg
Gucci+Loafers.jpg

blacklabel

Reaction score
I'm wondering this as well...when can you wear those metal bit loafers? with jeans? khakis? dress pants?

bugatti.veyron

Reaction score
^I always run searches, but not every question has been answered or there might have been very few responses to a particular question

Even if I did repeat a question that has been answered in another thread, I don't see what the big deal is. Most of the questions I ask do not have a right or wrong answer, which means it never hurts to get more responses. If you don't feel like answering, then just ignore the question. Why waste your time posting something like that?

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Because you can ask this sort of question in the pinned ask a question get an answer. If you don't wear loafers with dress pants, what else are you suppose to wear them with? Jeans and cotton pants only? BTW, the ones you posted, besides the Santoni's, are ugly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads