• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

loafers with dress pants?

bugatti.veyron

Reaction score
What are people's opinions about wearing some brown loafers with wool trousers (navy/charcoal)? Would something like this be too casual?

Kurt N

Reaction score
Need more info on trousers. Cuffed or uncuffed? Any pattern?

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It'll be fine, but I prefer a sleeker/dressier penny loafer style

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bugatti.veyron
What are people's opinions about wearing some brown loafers with wool trousers (navy/charcoal)? Would something like this be too casual?

You create 2-3 new question threads a day. I hate to be that guy, but you really need to use the search feature.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wear loafers with an odd jacket or sans jacket for social or business casual occasions. I even sometimes wear loafers with my patch pocket suits.

Kurt N

Reaction score
Uncuffed navy or charcoal gabardines are fairly substantial and, to my way of thinking, dressy trousers. I would wear lace-ups. Even if you go with loafers, I think the styling on these is a little too casual.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tassels Or Die.

bugatti.veyron

Reaction score
You create 2-3 new question threads a day. I hate to be that guy, but you really need to use the search feature.
didn't find any threads on this topic

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I often wear loafers with dress pants, due to the fact that I prefer loafers. However, I do not like the loafers that you posted.

-LR

ChicagoMediaMan

Reaction score
I prefer lace-ups with wool dress trousers, but will wear loafers too on occasion. Always lace-ups with a suit though.

And I'm not a big fan of tassel loafers, but that's just my opinion.

southbound35

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cioni2k
It'll be fine, but I prefer a sleeker/dressier penny loafer style
+1
Originally Posted by ljrcustom
I often wear loafers with dress pants, due to the fact that I prefer loafers. However, I do not like the loafers that you posted.
+1

Originally Posted by gladhands

Originally Posted by Animal Thug

Originally Posted by bugatti.veyron
didn't find any threads on this topic

I, too, hate to be "that guy", but your questions would be better-received in the "ask a quick question" thread.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ljrcustom

-LR

I agree. I like loafers - I'll even wear 'em with a suit - just not the ones you posted.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not a fan of the horse bit loafer.

Tassel loafers, on the other hand, are always appropriate.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.