• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Sorry for the bathroom pic but... The knitted military shirt is really nice.
It has a thick, dry hand fell and a very compact knit. And it’s a 2/10 on the itchy index.
I started out thinking I needed the brown but came around to like the black more for this kind of thing. Plus I have the khaki spring sweater already.
also worn with the tweed-ish elasticated pants from AW16 (or 15?)

View attachment 1292788

This is not something I would reach for when getting dressed but must say it looks excellent on you broham.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tencel zip shirt and washed wool elasticated pants

EEAE4E68-421B-41E3-AA34-B59673AE21E1.jpeg

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks @MeatFish
Shoes are Dries derbies from a few years ago and the coat is a fluffy wool collarless db blazer from Geller. I'm forgetting the name of it right now but it was from AW16.

this one
_MON0014.jpg

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@NO MERCY no this is the tencel version from last winter. It's an XL and fits slim. I also have the silk blend version from last summer in a Large and it fits bigger than the XL tencel. I don't know how this seasons fits, but last season they only offered S, M and L so it was graded larger.

Oldsrocket27

Reaction score
Speaking of elasticated pants, I just snagged a pair secondhand, and the side pockets are definitely sewn shut, though it looks like there are pocket bags in therm. Having never had any Lemaire before, is this a normal thing (to have to cut open your pockets if you so choose) or have I gotten a fake or modified pair?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No it's totally normal. Not just for Lemaire but for a lot designers. Just get stitch picker or some small scissors and cut the stitches. If you pull the pocket apart gently you'll see where they are, once you cut the first one you'll be able to just kind of pluck the thread out. It's not a full stitch, i forget the term for it. But it's basically so clothes don't get bagged out and look sloppy from people trying them on and shoving their hands in the pocket etc

grayfox

Reaction score
I picked up some jeans, they might be in the closet til spring though. I really love the fit, it has a mid-high rise, and this interesting enforcement seam on the back side to (as I imagine) keep the pant closer to the waist.

Anyways, the white pair is unaltered with a 28" inseam which I really love. The blue pair has a super long inseam and I've cuffed it into 29", so I'll either have it original-hemmed to 29 or 30 inches depending on whether or not I'd like more of a break, what do you guys think?

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    704.9 KB · Views: 155
  • Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    757.9 KB · Views: 227

armellod.e

Reaction score
I picked up some jeans, they might be in the closet til spring though. I really love the fit, it has a mid-high rise, and this interesting enforcement seam on the back side to (as I imagine) keep the pant closer to the waist.

Anyways, the white pair is unaltered with a 28" inseam which I really love. The blue pair has a super long inseam and I've cuffed it into 29", so I'll either have it original-hemmed to 29 or 30 inches depending on whether or not I'd like more of a break, what do you guys think?
I think the washed blue pair looks good the way you've got them now, but I'm partial to the big-cuff styling (either single or double) from the lookbook/some of the stockists. Could look good hemmed, though, if you're planning on wearing them in spring/summer

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads