• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Strawberry knit up on Matches is pretty cool.

But I will voice my opinion is that Lemaire knits still seem to be short in the body, long in the arms, and not something easily wearable IME. I feel like Lemaire cuts the knitwear for solely to wear tucked in is higher waist trousers. To me that looses some appeal as I try to look for versatility in my clothing nowadays.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The cut of the old yak wool knits was perfect. The rib knits are usually fine but the Shetland ones last year were just too small all over.
East Dane also has a bunch of new stuff including the wool sweaters in 3 colors ( and all in XL!)

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The shetland wools are where the problem lie and I am starting to think it may be just the fabric. Shetland wool seems less forgiving and other makers appear to be sized small as well, so, it may not be just Lemaire. I agree his other knits (or perhaps older Christophe Lemaire knits) are much forgiving in terms of fit.

whatdoudo

Reaction score
2017 SS

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

10.jpg

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So much good stuff, I'll admit this past SS season was a pretty huge let down for me. I bought like 2 or 3 things. And I think Lemaire is usually pretty strong for Spring/Summer, but this FW season looked awesome on the runway and is looking even better on shelves. I just need somebody to pick up this in an XL...

pull-col-haut.jpg

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some new stuff is showing up on Voo Store (accessories and womens) and Farfetch, but I don't know what boutique(s) that is from, but it has the black colourway of the high neck sweater I posted above. Nothing touches that cream one though.

Maxwellll

Reaction score
The stuff on Farfetch is probably from Voo Store, they list some of their stock on there and it says shipping from Germany. I dont know why Farfetch doesnt list which boutique the items are from anymore, its quite annoying that they changed it.

baklanyc

Reaction score
So people won't go buy it directly and cut out the middle man, right?

:laugh:

I read back what I said right after posting and thought, yeah, that is blatantly why they've done it

Yeah, I used to search out the boutiques Farfetch featured, and I would often buy directly from the boutiques especially during sale time. Farfetch is always slower to mark things down because they have their own—often later—markdown schedule. Granted, their delivery service is pretty top notch, and their return policies are sometimes better than what's offered by the boutiques themselves.

Octopus72

Reaction score
I know everybody (including myself) is really focused on the incoming season right now, but thanks to you guys pointing out that Farfetch had new arrivals that I obviously had to check out, I ended up kopping the spring zippered jacket (same as I got at the boutique in Paris) in black for a total steal... €200! I'll now have two of these, but you can't really have too many black jackets imo and I really love the havana as well and was hesitating about getting it in the forest green they still have up at the online shop. Lucked out...

11960061_9258858_1000.jpg

Octopus72

Reaction score
That said it's coming from Italy and I could see the shop it's coming from once I finished the purchase process, went to check it out there and it's officially still full price on their online shop... Farfetch must have something to do with that, I imagine

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads