• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pre-ordered the multicolour convertible colour ss shirt and navy tencel twill belted trousers yesterday.
Might get something else from SP now.

Octopus72

Reaction score
great selection at SP. most of my favorite pieces are in there. need to find out if any of the european stockists are taking pre-orders

hayaoyamaneko

Reaction score
Pre-ordered the multicolour convertible colour ss shirt and navy tencel twill belted trousers yesterday.
Might get something else from SP now.

where did you pre-order from? would be interested to know who else is offering pre-orders.

leeba

Reaction score
Is the 'green' from the runway just midnight blue? Probably not right?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
where did you pre-order from? would be interested to know who else is offering pre-orders.

The Celect in California. SS18 will be their first season with Lemaire, but their pre-order closed last night. I had another pre-order for this FW that fell through so they offered to refund or switch the deposit to Lemaire.

leeba

Reaction score
Has anybody seen a picture of the back of the blacksmith leather jacket in beige? Curious how it looks since it doesn't have the contrast stitching that the brown one has.

edit: forgot there's a video

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another boring sizing question:

How do the three pocket short sleeve shirts from this season fit? Slim enough to size up?

I have tried on the straight collared shirt and it was just a bit too big one size up.

leeba

Reaction score
^I think you could probably size up. See VooStore for reference between the zip shirt (clearly needs to be sized up imo) vs the short sleeve shirt in the same size. But I felt the straight collared shirt ran really small this season so ymmv

Gonna answer my own question re: green jewel tone things from SS18 - unfortunately, they don't exist. It's midnight blue gabardine wool with slight blue-green jewel undertones in certain light.

Anybody care to help me try and guess my size for the SS18 Blacksmith Suede jacket? 5'10, an L in most things for a slightly relaxed fit and I hate being constricted. It's weird cause I can size down to 46 for, say, long coats but nowadays probably prefer a 48 in most 'oversized' things. 48 seems right for the Blacksmith (sleeves appear to run long, appears to run relaxed enough in the chest/armholes), but too small is a lot worse than too big so I dunno if I should just grab a 50.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would order a size 46 and am a slim 48. I think a 48 will work for you best. It's leather and will stretch. If it is an consolation I sized down for the FW15 leather (?) and it fits perfectly in the Lemaire way IMO.

Edit:
FW14 leather jacket, here. Intentionally designed with an oversize fit I recall. I sized down to 46 (after trying on a 48 mind you) and it is great. Fits a knit comfortable underneath and still retains the Lemaire silhouette IMO.

The leather seems to be a centerpiece for SS18, I'd also ask the store if they had a chance to get a closer look at it during their own store buys.

lemaire-aw1415-men-08-web.jpg

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm skipping the SS18 suede in hopes that the FW17 leather will show up in the next few months.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Who else is placing pre-orders? What interests are there?

hayaoyamaneko

Reaction score
If I wasn't tight on $ I'd preorder the convertible collar print shirt, but I'm banking on it getting picked up by a lot of retailers (is this misguided?)

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah I really don't know.
I'm getting 1 more thing but I am not completely sure what.

I already ordered the tencel twill belted trousers and the multicolour open collar shirt, though I'm debating if I should have ordered a 54 in the latter. How is everybody else sizing those?

From SP I'm currently debating either one of:
Soft Military shirt, midnight tencel
Satin Liquette, petrol blue
Sneaker boots, black

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am considering the blouson jacket with side vent zippers, look 29 and 32 (reminds me of MMM 5-zip lol). I need another lighter, short jacket. Plenty of coats and pants. Not a fan of designer shirts to be honest, too fragile and hard to upkeep.

Belted pants are cool but that may be more of a @dieworkwear thing. Hype hype hype!!

Regarding pants, if I were to pickup a pair I'd go for the two pleated pants. I have an older season in cotton cream color, awesome awesome awesome.
The trousers are Two Pleated Pants in Tencel Twill in Tan. Tencel is a natural fiber made from bleached wool pulp that is supple, breathable, and cool to the touch with a slight sheen and nice drape. It is also in Sienna (Look 18), Midnight Blue, Peat, and Tan.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads