• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leffot + EG complaint

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i reckon the noob at the EG store should suffer the difference in price, as it was his mistake!

then eveyone is happy, patek get his shoes, leffot get their $$$ and EG dont lose ether their contact with leffot or a loss in business and the noob that took the order gets a lession too, win win win for all parties:slayer:

cdmoore1855

Reaction score

i reckon the noob at the EG store should suffer the difference in price, as it was his mistake!

then eveyone is happy, patek get his shoes, leffot get their $$$ and EG dont lose ether their contact with leffot or a loss in business and the noob that took the order gets a lession too, win win win for all parties:slayer:

Wow, you should run for President

Nick V.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Frankly, I haven't had the time to read all the posts. Please forgive me if I missed some things.
As i see it:
1. Leffot designed the shoe.
2. It was a special edition.
3. Maybe there was some sort of agreement between E.G. and Leffort. If that's the case, it could have been (remember this?) a gentleman's agreement.
4. Such an agreement benefits all. Basically, if you want such a unique item, pay for it.
5. The OP back-doored it. That could have have been unintentional. Only he knows.
6. A salesperson took the order. Maybe he was naive to the agreement, maybe he was driven by commission. We don't know. That's really the question.
7. Eventually E.G. Canceled.
8. We don't know if Leffort had to source the hides he wanted to use for the commemorative shoe.
9. If he did, we don't know how much time it took Him. I have had to do things similar and it took over a year!
10. This was not a good experience for E.G. or Leffot. Neither is happy about it.
11. OP publicized with out giving the parties a chance to resolve the problem privately.
12. Made them both look bad.

Go back to your race cars. These are up-standing people and companies and don't deserve you're meddling.
Not to mention Lefforts intension of donating money to the real needy as a result of the catastrophe in Japan.
Maybe you can set up a shop to build your cars and give back a nickel for every hundred you make. Only to the needy.
I'm a very fair guy but smell B.S. a mile away.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Frankly, I haven't had the time to read all the posts. Please forgive me if I missed some things.
As i see it:
1. Leffot designed the shoe.
2. It was a special edition.
3. Maybe there was some sort of agreement between E.G. and Leffort. If that's the case, it could have been (remember this?) a gentleman's agreement.
4. Such an agreement benefits all. Basically, if you want such a unique item, pay for it.
5. The OP back-doored it. That could have have been unintentional. Only he knows.
6. A salesperson took the order. Maybe he was naive to the agreement, maybe he was driven by commission. We don't know. That's really the question.
7. Eventually E.G. Canceled.
8. We don't know if Leffort had to source the hides he wanted to use for the commemorative shoe.
9. If he did, we don't know how much time it took Him. I have had to do things similar and it took over a year!
10. This was not a good experience for E.G. or Leffot. Neither is happy about it.
11. OP publicized with out giving the parties a chance to resolve the problem privately.
12. Made them both look bad.

Go back to your race cars. These are up-standing people and companies and don't deserve you're meddling.
Not to mention Lefforts intension of donating money to the real needy as a result of the catastrophe in Japan.
Maybe you can set up a shop to build your cars and give back a nickel for every hundred you make. Only to the needy.

/End of thread!

TheWGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I tried searching "leffot eg" in google and this thread was the 5th link from the top

LOL... the amazing thing about all of this is, by snooping on SF and contacting EG with regards to this one customer, Leffot has managed to create bad search engine results for themselves.

The casual person who comes to this thread after searching for Leffot wanting to buy Edward Greens is going to:

1) not care about all the legal **** and pointing fingers on both sides, much less read all of it

2) not give a flip and conclude the hassle is too great.

3) realize Leffot has higher-than-usual markup and go elsewhere (okay, probably not, but we can dream! :laugh:)

The interesting thing to me is that Leffot / EG didn't handle this in a more friendly way with respect to the end customer. I would have expected some sort of goodwill gesture in the name of customer service - even if neither Leffot or EG "owes" anyone anything, such a goodwill gesture would have resulted in this thread not existing and so the search results would not be poisoned somewhat... so the return on investment might have been worth the trouble!

sellahi22

Reaction score

To the original poster:

1. Leffot owes you nothing. You cancelled the sale. Indeed, you owe an apology to Leffot because you attempted an end-run around it.

2. Edward Green also owes you nothing.

3. Neither Leffot nor EG have any obligations to answer these complaints in a public forum.

4. If you disagree with the above, go elsewhere. There are plenty of other retailers and manufacturers.

1 is wrong - no apologies due to Leffot. It's perfectly appropriate to shop around, and if Leffot's policy (as advertised) is to permit cancellation within some period of time, OP was perfectly within his rights to exercise that option.

2 and 3 are correct, no one is being forced to do anything here. OP is merely airing out his grievance and alerting potential Leffot/EG clients as to their customer service and business practices. This is perfectly appropriate and facilitates market efficiency - it helps set new parameters on which peer firms can compete. For example, Leather Soul and Gaziano & Girling can differentiate themselves by offering superior customer service and adopting more attractive business practices.

4 is meaningless as OP has already indicated that he is taking his business elsewhere.

This, or Leffot could let it slide since they lost the sale anyway, but insist that EG do a better job of enforcing their agreement. Either way, there is no reason why OP should not get his shoes for the EG price since EG would still profit and no one would be worse off than they are now.

Last edited:

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

there is no reason why OP should not get his shoes for the EG price since EG would still profit and no one would be worse off than they are now.

Which is wrong.

The earthquake victims would be worse off.
The people that paid the full price would be worse off.
If the materials are limited then Leffot could end up with less then a full production run.

I think the OP should buy two pairs at full price. He was willing to pay full price to begin with so he can handle it. He doesn't have any shoes now so he would be better off. He would be helping the earthquake victims.

sellahi22

Reaction score

Which is wrong.

If the materials are limited then Leffot could end up with less then a full production run.

I think the OP should buy two pairs at full price. He was willing to pay full price to begin with so he can handle it. He doesn't have any shoes now so he would be better off. He would be helping the earthquake victims.

Nope. As it is, earthquake victims are getting nothing out of the shoes that weren't purchased. The people who paid full price are in the exact same situation either way. The limited cordovan supply is theoretically possible but I see zero basis for supposing that it's actually the case, so I would make the opposite assumption in the absence of contrary evidence.

Edit: In case you want to point out that Whiskey and other light shades of cordovan are rare, my response is that this is only because it's more difficult to conceal blemishes with lighter shades (Whiskey, Cigar, etc) than darker shades (#8, black, navy, etc.). See:

http://www.styleforum.net/forum/thread/138183/alden-cigar-and-whiskey-why-so-rare/

Also, the limited cordovan supply point is further weakened when you consider that OP could have ordered any number of other models in navy cordovan and Leffot would have no basis to object

Last edited:

Jorge

Reaction score
Looking forward to my next visit to Leffot.
Leffot is a terrific store, with a great selection, and excellent customer service.
Cannot be more pleased with my many purchases there.

Mark Seitelman

Reaction score

3. Neither Leffot nor EG have any obligations to answer these complaints in a public forum. * * *

To elaborate:

The original poster's complaints are petty. They do not merit the vendors' entry into the mosh pit.

Exactly.

Matis

Reaction score
It is too late for that. I think neither Leffot nor EG want to further deal with this crap.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think the OP should buy two pairs at full price
Pretty much every time your name pops up in this thread it earns a facepalm.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks.

People who do their best to screw over earthquake victims deserve all your respect.

At this point I don't respect any of the three parties involved in the dispute. However, that's not at issue, which is precisely what I wanted to say in response to many of your aggravating posts. I won't be replying in this thread again.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics