• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Thedi MTC-127996 Leather Jacket in Cognac Buffalo with a detachable mouton collar was just delivered. Matches my Pigeon Tree Tärnsjö belt almost perfectly. Olive cotton liner. I had Thedi add a second interior pocket. I also didn't want it to be too heavily washed.

K2pQonK.jpg

lDF6HDh.jpg

OagYsmw.jpg

bJBzuIe.jpg

1lD9YDa.jpg

oF6dzDU.jpg

Looks great. I just ordered a Thedi in washed Espresso Buffalo with the same liner through Thurston. I hope it fits as well as yours.

ErikW

Reaction score
Looks great. I just ordered a Thedi in washed Espresso Buffalo with the same liner through Thurston. I hope it fits as well as yours.

Congrats! So many great details on these jackets. As a heads up, it was about a 6 month wait for delivery. :eek:

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats! So many great details on these jackets. As a heads up, it was about a 6 month wait for delivery. :eek:

Carrie thought it would be about 4 months, but said it could be longer. I was hoping I'd hit the fall perfectly, but maybe not if it's running 6 months now. This is the model I ordered with some tweaks to the sizing of the fit jacket and different leather and linings.

How is the grain on your buffalo? I've only seen this jacket in pics in washed cowhide as below or the fit jacket in green suede goat/green cowhide - which was a bit over the top for my taste.

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 7.41.28 PM.png

ErikW

Reaction score
By the way, I think you really nailed the fit. How much did you change, if at all, from the fit jacket?

Thanks, I shortened the torso by .5" and the sleeves as well. Pretty much it!

Couple of views of the grain. The beeswax that he uses really helps showcase the grain.

20210504_191823.jpg 20210504_191749.jpg

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I shortened the torso by .5" and the sleeves as well. Pretty much it!

Couple of views of the grain. The beeswax that he uses really helps showcase the grain.

View attachment 1604820 View attachment 1604818

Very cool shots. I was intrigued by the buffalo option. You nailed the fit.

I had to do a bit more. The fit jacket was too tight in the chest and shoulders so I asked for it to be halfway between the medium, which I tried on and the large, plus I shortened the arms from the medium. I normally wear a 40s/48c in suits, but I found the body length okay.

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Strumjacket looks nice but I hate those little elbow-level pockets.
Is the purpose for that pocket to store change? Can't really imagine putting something there. If the pocket is deep enough, you can put your phone there and when somebody calls, just lift your arm and talk through the sleeve. Lol!

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They have a color designated as turquoise in sheep leather only. When I think of turquoise though, it reminds me Tiffany's color. Strum's is horsehide which I would prefer over sheep leather.

You can get custom colors done, just have to reach out to them and see if they have anything or have them notify you once they do.

My next leather whenever that will be will be a electric blue DR as well! Then hopefullly I will get a friend to do some custom paint work for it

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My next leather whenever that will be will be a electric blue DR as well! Then hopefullly I will get a friend to do some custom paint work for it

I got nothing against tagging especially if it's unique and tasteful. I know the CDG x LL tag is part of the jacket's identity but IMO, it feels tacky looking like a in your face brand advertising. Overall, it still looks good though.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got nothing against tagging especially if it's unique and tasteful. I know the CDG x LL tag is part of the jacket's identity but IMO, it feels tacky looking like a in your face brand advertising. Overall, it still looks good though.
I like the way it was done on Glenn OBrien’s Basquiat painted Schott and Derek’s hobo art painted Schott.
1620223478866.png
1620223434123.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads