• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Obligation is such a strong word. I dont owe anything to anyone especially for a 2500 dollar luxury jacket that is sorta poor fitting. My friends help me move from time to time, and that definitely takes more than a couple hours. I don`t pay them 7500 dollars.

Be honest you were just trying to justify your purchase, nothing wrong with buying some expensive **** because they made you feel good about the item. I do that all the time, had a great conversation with the manager of the Hiroshima Commes store. I ended up with a tie , I never wear ties. I almost convinced myself to buy a jacket I wanted and reasoned it was due to obligation.

Yea, to be clear: I didn't make this purchase out of the sense of obligation. I made it because I want them. But meeting that not-fully-understood sense of obligation is a bonus, as is having a little story tied to them. I will say I probably wouldn't have given the boots a second chance had I not visited the studio and had the experience I did.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thread has me thinking about lighter hides, seraphin does this well

Screen Shot 2021-05-01 at 12.02.40 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-05-01 at 12.04.05 PM.png

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@patrick_b i know @whorishconsumer left you hanging but I got you on the hookers and blow don’t you worry. This will be a legendary Sf meet up. Please get an FCL and wear your rolex so we can entitle this Fine Creek Lovers: Sin n Patrick take [insert sinful city name here]
I'm in! Just thinking about it makes me want to take a crap.

gnu

Reaction score
Moving across the country in a few weeks and not sure how to pack my leather jackets. Don't really want to fold them into a box. When I moved to this side of the country I drove them out hanging in the car, but now the company is paying for all of the moving and wife just wants everything in the truck and the cars shipped so we can just fly.

I was thinking of one of these hanging garment boxes,

Anybody have any experience with these or any other way to move my leathers?

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just fold em, they are leather, they will survive. I flew across the country with them in boxes shipped on a boat and took three months. They were totally fine.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moving across the country in a few weeks and not sure how to pack my leather jackets. Don't really want to fold them into a box. When I moved to this side of the country I drove them out hanging in the car, but now the company is paying for all of the moving and wife just wants everything in the truck and the cars shipped so we can just fly.

Those garment boxes work great. If you are being relocated for work, the relo folks should include all sorts of packing materials and those boxes are typically part of the package. Even if you had to buy a few, they are super easy to work with and make packing & unpacking a breeze.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

From Thurston Bros. on how to return fit jackets.
Unknown-6.jpeg

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I would just get a large flat box and lay my jackets on top of each other (flat not folded). Maybe with some other garments between them, like cotton jackets, so the hardware doesn't scratch things.

Hanging garment boxes are mostly for tailored jackets, like suits and sport coats, as those items have a three-dimensional shape that's pressed into them with a hot iron. If you lay them down for a long period of time and with a lot of weight on top, you may distort the shape. Not a problem with leather jackets.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads