• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've looked there and haven't seen anything. Am I missing something?
Probably my mistake. I have a photo somewhere of the guy from Brycelands wearing a tan one that’s real nice but maybe it was just something he owned from another brand.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Reaction score
Probably my mistake. I have a photo somewhere of the guy from Brycelands wearing a tan one that’s real nice but maybe it was just something he owned from another brand.
Or something they previously offered. I'd be interested to see it, if you dig it up.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It has, in fact, been quite difficult to find a suede trucker period, putting aside factors like color or fit. But I would agree your position is a rational one.

The suede here is the same used by Tom Ford, and they sell it for four times the price. Or so I am told. Of course that doesn't mean there isn't markup by both designers/labels.

Where are the better options? I like Iron Heart, but that particular offering doesn't fit the bill for me. Nor does Todd Snyder or Iron & Resin, and it has been quite difficult to find an old Polo in the correct size/color/condition.

@whorishconsumer What's your platonic ideal of the suede trucker? I look at old Polo stuff from time to time, I'll keep an eye out

I briefly considered getting a washed blue TF western a little while ago, full price was of course ludicrous. It looked alright but at the end of the day I'm not sure I'd have the guts to beat it up enough for it to look great.

tom-ford-suede-western-jacket_16243123_31943656_2048.jpg

gardenvariety

Reaction score
But also, you've made it all the way to this leather jackets atelier only to pick the most pedestrian and ubiquitous make up? Cmon man.. Feels to me that for that kind of money in that kind of place you owe it to yourself (but also to us, mostly to us tbh) to get something a bit more unique and extravagant than a brown lambskin trucker.

I think this looks fucking amazing though, I'd wear the shit out of it zipper or not

This is so fucking good, would probably prefer non-zip pockets but hnnng

upsett1_spaghett1

Reaction score
@whorishconsumer What's your platonic ideal of the suede trucker? I look at old Polo stuff from time to time, I'll keep an eye out

I briefly considered getting a washed blue TF western a little while ago, full price was of course ludicrous. It looked alright but at the end of the day I'm not sure I'd have the guts to beat it up enough for it to look great.

View attachment 1602640
Stop posting stuff higher than my credit limit!

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Reaction score

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Reaction score
I’m ordering a pair of black Savas Legend boots in either kangaroo or calf. My obligation has been met.

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m ordering a pair of black Savas Legend boots in either kangaroo or calf. My obligation has been met.
I think she was expecting a $2,500 or better purchase. An hour is a lot of time for an artisanal craftsperson. How do you say your obligation has been met? Unless those boots cost that much.

peachfuzzmcgee

Reaction score
Obligation is such a strong word. I dont owe anything to anyone especially for a 2500 dollar luxury jacket that is sorta poor fitting. My friends help me move from time to time, and that definitely takes more than a couple hours. I don`t pay them 7500 dollars.

Be honest you were just trying to justify your purchase, nothing wrong with buying some expensive shit because they made you feel good about the item. I do that all the time, had a great conversation with the manager of the Hiroshima Commes store. I ended up with a tie , I never wear ties. I almost convinced myself to buy a jacket I wanted and reasoned it was due to obligation.

XWT

Reaction score
@peachfuzzmcgee unless I grossly misunderstood, @whorishconsumer did go into great length explaining that while it wasn’t an actual obligation it was withing his personal values to reward that persons time. In which case the obligation is to himself.

Also, I hope you like your purchase. I’d go with Kangaroo! I think the last and profile are sexy, but I personally don’t care for the back zip (side is better to me) and metallic studs (they add nothing of value to the design and can become points of stress, water seepage, tear, etc... but that’s unlikely.

peachfuzzmcgee

Reaction score
I guess I get the sentiment, but damn 1000 plus dollars to reward that persons time for ones personal values. At the end of the day, I feel like it must be mostly because he wanted to cop some cool jawns. Nothing wrong with either though.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@patrick_b i know @whorishconsumer left you hanging but I got you on the hookers and blow don’t you worry. This will be a legendary Sf meet up. Please get an FCL and wear your rolex so we can entitle this Fine Creek Lovers: Sin n Patrick take [insert sinful city name here]

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.