• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lem87

Reaction score
the a-2 looks great (they both do, really).
Not saying I dont agree but he paid good money for these two jackets so if the bomber is better fitting, zipped, I'll rest my case. Otherwise it looks like the bomber is tight in the arms and loose in the body. If it's an awkward fit for those reasons now, it's not going to get better when the chest and back panels loosen up. I'm not being anymore than constructively critical. I just want to know he will enjoy breaking the bomber in. Bombers and motorcycle jackets are cut differently.

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A2 bomber attached. Excuse the dirty Mirror.
6D463C06-CC62-4D5E-9361-C043B488C2A9.jpeg

30CA30E5-E8F8-4929-8053-628C16F5BBD1.jpeg
DCA91635-62DA-4D39-8C2C-2C37B7F4F35C.jpeg
D34F7EB2-A589-4433-BDD5-C500858AF8AB.jpeg

Lem87

Reaction score
Fit looks good ari. Is it insulated for cold weather use? It does look like you have room to layer. Was that the idea considering the collar? How long have you worn it for at this point?

Last edited:

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, definitely no pulling on the chest or shoulders on this one. It is actually looser than the DR for sure. Only reason why I am tentative about keeping both is the idea that i would have two jackets in the same materials.

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fit looks good ari. Is it insulated for cold weather use? It does look like you have room to layer. Was that the idea considering the collar? How long have you worn it for at this point?

I am wearing a sweatshirt in the video for both the DR and the A2, but the A2 definitely looks more like a colder weather jacket than the DR given the sheepskin collar. I have worn both for only the videos trying them on and sitting down to see how it fits. I am guessing they will mould a bit more over time.

The one thing I will comment on though is that the cuffs on the A2 are not tightly fitted like traditional A2 cuffs. I wonder why?

stevefok

Reaction score
Alright guys- so I managed to get a hold of both the Schott-3sixteen perfecto and A2, courtesy of the great people at Selfedge (Kiya, thanks!) and Schott.

Perfecto:
HmIQo1H.mp4

View attachment 1335408 View attachment 1335409

A2:
bKD13X5.mp4

View attachment 1335410 View attachment 1335411

What do you guys think of these? I love them both equally, difficult to decide between the two. Which one do I keep? Is there room in a wardrobe for both? Ha!

This Horween Chromexcel Horsehide is thick, but soft with a lot of depth to the colour due to the teacore hides.

If anyone is keen on taking one off my hands, PM as well!

I like the fit of the DR except the sleeves length, I think the sleeves are at least 1/2 inch too short for my preference. But different people have difference preference on the sleeves length, if you are fine with the sleeves length, keep the DR!

Nader393

Reaction score
Agree, sleeves are short. Nice fit, otherwise. In my experience, real biker jackets have longer sleeves to make up for the reach to the handlebars.

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright, I’ve decided i am keeping the A2 bomber and returning the Double Rider. I think it’s overkill having two jackets in the same leather - I think I’ll have a chance to pick up a Super nice double rider down the track. E.g. from Aero or Fine Creek

oulipien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright, I’ve decided i am keeping the A2 bomber and returning the Double Rider. I think it’s overkill having two jackets in the same leather - I think I’ll have a chance to pick up a Super nice double rider down the track. E.g. from Aero or Fine Creek
what size was the DR and where is it heading back to, just out of total curiosity?

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DR is a size Large. Let me know if you’re interested.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics