• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What made you choose the aero over the schott? Did you get cxl or Vicenza ?

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What made you choose the aero over the schott? Did you get cxl or Vicenza ?
I thought the Schott was great and wanted it because of the leather and model, but it looked too much like a Rick Owens Stooges that I already owned (minimal, clean) and I couldn't justify having two jackets that looked that similar.

The Aero Ridley I opted for was the D-Pocket model, which has more bells and whistles but not overbearing, and it leaned more towards a repro/heritage vibe than a modern sleek one (ie Schott/Rick Owens). I got it in black Vicenza, which I adore. I don't ride, so it was perfect for me - feels great from the get-go, both the leather and comfort factor.

Edit: also, this is super nitpickey...the Aero has Talon zippers. I don't know why, but I have a thing for Talon zips. I'm not saying that was a deciding factor, but it definitely helped it's case

PME Legend

Reaction score
Just visited Schott store in rue de canettes, Paris. Tried on this perfecto 613, it's a size 42. I'm really digging it!! What do you think? Fits me good? On my way to another Schott store to try one again, and probably decide. 618 horsehide is a bit too shiny for me, and tried another one, a bit longer model too(don't remember what model), wasn't my cup of tea..
received_614397365796719.jpeg

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been considering this Schott Duke in roughout for a while. Currently discounted at Schott direct so I took a chance. Completely unlined and still pretty stiff but very comfortable. I like it. I read somewhere that they discontinued this model in favor of a similar upcoming, lined version.

I grabbed the last XL a few weeks ago and there are now only a couple of 2XL's left.

DSC09617.jpg
DSC09618.jpg
DSC09621.jpg

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the look of the Duke but it being unlined is a negative for me. Plus, I read several reviews where customers complained about this issue because it made putting the jacket on a hassle.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the look of the Duke but it being unlined is a negative for me. Plus, I read several reviews where customers complained about this issue because it made putting the jacket on a hassle.

It takes a second or so more to get the sleeves on, compared to a nice rayon lining. I like the idea of unlined so we'll have to see if it's easy to live with long term.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
IRON HEART HORSEHIDE LEATHER JACKET W/ COLLAR - SELF EDGE EDITION, if its anything like the moto i'd say folks its a good purchase

looks like iron heart has it as well but i am not sure what the difference between SE and IH versions are besides the zips on the sides, generally SE is slimmer.

PME Legend

Reaction score
Me being pretty happy in front of the shop(i'm wearing a PME shearling in bomberjack model here),knowing i would walk out minutes later with this beauty...618 (and not 613 as i stated earlier...i still have A LOT to learn..)Anyway today was a fine day
received_1544500862368576.jpeg
20200215_210631.jpg

dhoff10

Reaction score
IRON HEART HORSEHIDE LEATHER JACKET W/ COLLAR - SELF EDGE EDITION, if its anything like the moto i'd say folks its a good purchase

looks like iron heart has it as well but i am not sure what the difference between SE and IH versions are besides the zips on the sides, generally SE is slimmer.

Surprised that it's chrome tanned at that price point. Do we know how this leather develops with wear?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score
Surprised that it's chrome tanned at that price point. Do we know how this leather develops with wear?
I don't think that it's that surprising, A lot of great leathers are chrome tanned. Plus, many vegetal tanned leathers often don't do as well in harsher weather (hot or cold), and often don't do as well with water, and generally require more care. Ironheart is a very functional, utilitarian brand. if I were to make a motorcycle jacket, I'd probably look at chrome tanned leathers well before vegetal tanned ones.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score
i haven't tried the Duke, but my unlined Joe McCoy Type 3 is rally comfortable, and I've never had trouble putting it on...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 87 17.5%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 158 31.7%
  • 8”

Votes: 144 28.9%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 58 11.6%
  • 9”

Votes: 26 5.2%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 11 2.2%