• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cowsareforeating

Reaction score
@kunk i dont think people here get your humor quite as well...

@lion biker dude
advice:

doing buy a leather that is way cooler than the rest of your **** cuz then ur leather wears u and u look like a dumbass.

in recent news @chomeo i copped a 46 of the inner jacket. gotta get a high neck jacket even if im ballin over my meager budget. oh well.
really want a luc scarf to wear under it..

Last edited:

user7

Reaction score

I´ve been reading some old posts, since this is likely to become my favorite thread in the whole wide world, due to my obsession with leather jackets.
I´ve come across lots of posts raving Rick Owens´ leather jackets. First, i´ll say I´ve never actually tried one, so I´m taking this through the aesthetics side of it. I´ve seen them at luisa via roma and the designs don´t really catch my eye. Maybe i´m too into belts and zipped cuffs and studs and collar straps and side belts and etc. I understand the prices are quite steep because of the fact they are from a high end brand, but I don´t really see the appeal in most of them. Maybe people who´ve tried them and own them have a way different opinion. Are they comfortable? How´s the fit? Is it worth giving up my dream of owning a burberry prorsum one and changing into a RO one??
1) Yes, they are comfortable. 2) As with any brand, the fit depends on the person. For me, they fit perfectly. 3) You like what you like. It's a particular aesthetic, if you don't like it, don't force yourself to buy it.

colabear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what do you guys think of this leather jacket? does it look tacky because of the two-tone coloring? I don't usually wear leather jackets, but I see many of you here wearing it and I'm inspired to try something new.
1z3b5mb.jpg

styled with a red & white keffiyeh shemagh scarf...opinions please, thanks
zji6wp.jpg

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
that thing is hideous, belongs in the '90's with some frosted tips, kenneth coles and faded sewer drainpipe jeans or whatever they were called. And get rid of the keffiyeh, that was 6 years ago already.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have good things to say about S.W.O.R.D. jackets? Also, how do Shipley & Halmos jackets stack up?

(I need something with especially long sleeves. RO is now dead to me.)

This (SWORD):

Or this (S&H):

Leaning towards the S&H. . .

Last edited:

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
another thread dying a quick death

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone know if the high collar intarsia from this season sucks ass or not?

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ya gotta check the individual jacket. Sometimes it's really hit or miss, I saw a couple using **** papery leather and then one lined up next to them that felt substantial and had a cool ass texture and one more that was buttery smooth. RO quality control is wack

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
****, I am addicted to his leathers. Need a nice vegetable lamb one, and a blistered one for sure.

also, I tried a high collar intarsia in IF, was hoping that wasn't the only one produced this season cuz it looked beautiful but it was a ************* leather wise...x_X

I think I just want someone to tell me something different..

Last edited:

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check the veggie-tanned calf Backlash or Attachment leathers, I dunno if they're your style but the quality is miles beyond what Rick does

attachment has some Rick-esque ones, but they're not drapey

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads