1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Zamb

Zamb Distinguished Member Affiliate Vendor

[QUOTE="OccultaVexillum, post: 9202971,[/QUOTE]
    Go for it if the pricier is not ridiculous.
    there is a weirdness to it that i like. I like the simplicity of it

2. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Distinguished Member

Price isn’t nuts as far as designer stuff goes. The price is about the same as that James Grose shearling posted earlier.

3. Zamb

Zamb Distinguished Member Affiliate Vendor

ged it ged it ged it!

I like the simplicity and the awkwardness of the pockets.........give it a shot, hope it works out

4. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

@OccultaVexillum so idk about your body type but if you are suggesting that a bomber look would work better on you then why not find something like that and avoid RO/Margiela, i prefer the jackets to slim out around the waist, would that work for you or be problem?

For the jacket you want its just a bomber style w/collar should be lots of options like that, have you checked Schott NYC, easy returns i believe.

5. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

that JG shearling is $1400+ IIRC

6. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Distinguished Member

Because I specifically said I do NOT want a bomber-style leather. I have enough bombers as is and using leather on a bomber would be my last choice if I did want another bomber. Maybe we have different ideas of what a bomber is? I suppose that Lemaire one I posted is a variation of a flight jacket, that is a regular collar though it’s just raised up on the runway and in that product photo. I’m thinking of a bomber as something like the RO raglan bombers; rib cuff, hem, collar. Full zip, slight crop.
    And like I said I have no interest in looking at Schott or Lewis or something like that. I know that leather jackets is what brands like that do so that should make sense but for whatever reason I’m always happier buying from the designers that I’m into even if that means leather quality will not be as good or will be priced higher.

Yeah the JG is about $1500 retail. This one is much more but I can get it for about $1500. That’s my biggest hesitation I suppose. It’s a lot of money but other than finding some amazing deal or buying second hand a good leather is never cheap.

7. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

Ahh i misunderstood then. from the pics you linked i thought those were bombers, they don't need to always have the ribbing to be a bomber but yea we just have diff definitions.

I actually suggested schott because they do have some fashiony stuff but you gotta scour the site. Anyways disregard that. I haven't really seen something like what you want around, if i do i'll post it.

8. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Distinguished Member

I say pass on that jacket. Maybe it could fit in an interesting way, but you don't know how it fits.

9. StyleMaxx

StyleMaxx New Member

DSC03450_1518425995235.JPG

Last Friday I felt the urgent need for instant gratification best met by a new Leather Jacket. So I let business needs be business needs, took a half day off work and hoped for the best, i.e. something off the rack that would satisfy my needs and avoid the arduous process of getting measurements for another Aero plus wait time or the frustration that Addict Clothes jackets are simply not made for me.
    Glad I found this Vanson x stuf|f gem. Extra Karma points to those that see the connection between the jacket and one of my favourite Photobooks in this picture. ;)

10. b1lf

b1lf Well-Known Member

Hideous.

11. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

An easy pass. I usually like graphic elements on leather jackets, but that just looks disjointed, and the jacket itself looks pretty boring, tbh.

12. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

Damn got the ram mollino and have to send it back, doesn’t fit me well, I think I’d opt for a 52.

Anyways leather is super thick, highly reccomed someone grab it from forward.

leather code = RU17F8762 LSK

[​IMG]

13. gfmozart

gfmozart Senior Member

the JG shearling is awesome. This trend of Black leather on black shearling really rocks

14. Understatesman

Understatesman Senior Member

I agree. Too bad they removed it from the site.

15. gfmozart

gfmozart Senior Member

removed? i thought their pre-orders finished. I thought they were only going to stock black suede/shearling and not black nappa/shearling