• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
[QUOTE="OccultaVexillum, post: 9202971,[/QUOTE]
Go for it if the pricier is not ridiculous.
there is a weirdness to it that i like. I like the simplicity of it

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Price isn’t nuts as far as designer stuff goes. The price is about the same as that James Grose shearling posted earlier.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Price isn’t nuts as far as designer stuff goes. The price is about the same as that James Grose shearling posted earlier.
ged it ged it ged it!

I like the simplicity and the awkwardness of the pockets.........give it a shot, hope it works out

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@OccultaVexillum so idk about your body type but if you are suggesting that a bomber look would work better on you then why not find something like that and avoid RO/Margiela, i prefer the jackets to slim out around the waist, would that work for you or be problem?

For the jacket you want its just a bomber style w/collar should be lots of options like that, have you checked Schott NYC, easy returns i believe.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@OccultaVexillum so idk about your body type but if you are suggesting that a bomber look would work better on you then why not find something like that and avoid RO/Margiela, i prefer the jackets to slim out around the waist, would that work for you or be problem?

For the jacket you want its just a bomber style w/collar should be lots of options like that, have you checked Schott NYC, easy returns i believe.

Because I specifically said I do NOT want a bomber-style leather. I have enough bombers as is and using leather on a bomber would be my last choice if I did want another bomber. Maybe we have different ideas of what a bomber is? I suppose that Lemaire one I posted is a variation of a flight jacket, that is a regular collar though it’s just raised up on the runway and in that product photo. I’m thinking of a bomber as something like the RO raglan bombers; rib cuff, hem, collar. Full zip, slight crop.
And like I said I have no interest in looking at Schott or Lewis or something like that. I know that leather jackets is what brands like that do so that should make sense but for whatever reason I’m always happier buying from the designers that I’m into even if that means leather quality will not be as good or will be priced higher.

that JG shearling is $1400+ IIRC

Yeah the JG is about $1500 retail. This one is much more but I can get it for about $1500. That’s my biggest hesitation I suppose. It’s a lot of money but other than finding some amazing deal or buying second hand a good leather is never cheap.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ahh i misunderstood then. from the pics you linked i thought those were bombers, they don't need to always have the ribbing to be a bomber but yea we just have diff definitions.

I actually suggested schott because they do have some fashiony stuff but you gotta scour the site. Anyways disregard that. I haven't really seen something like what you want around, if i do i'll post it.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I say pass on that jacket. Maybe it could fit in an interesting way, but you don't know how it fits.

StyleMaxx

Reaction score
DSC03450_1518425995235.JPG

Last Friday I felt the urgent need for instant gratification best met by a new Leather Jacket. So I let business needs be business needs, took a half day off work and hoped for the best, i.e. something off the rack that would satisfy my needs and avoid the arduous process of getting measurements for another Aero plus wait time or the frustration that Addict Clothes jackets are simply not made for me.
Glad I found this Vanson x stuf|f gem. Extra Karma points to those that see the connection between the jacket and one of my favourite Photobooks in this picture. ;)

b1lf

Reaction score
photo quality is bad, I know...but
Should I get this?
I've been really wanting a leather or suede jacket for a while, but I generally don't like most leather jacket styles (DRs and Racers etc). I tried a band collar suede jacket recently and it became apparent that I really want something with a collar.
I've tried a couple from RO and tried one on in-store from SLP just the hell of it. I didn't like any of them.
Brands I like rarely make leathers and I wouldn't go to Aero or Falcon or something for it, I would only buy one from the labels I like and that's pretty limited.
I don't know what kind of leather this is, the white detail is just white paint. There's nothing on the back. Crushed viscose lining, snap button pockets.
I really am struggling to make a decision on this but that's just because of price. If it was cheap I would definitely get it. It would definitely fill a need, all my outerwear is either long coats, bomber jackets or overshirts. This is also the only picture I have access to for this piece, no refunds/returns.
Would mostly be wearing it with wool pants and black derbies or combats.
But I need to decide ASAP, end of the day. ****.

View attachment 922675

Hideous.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
photo quality is bad, I know...but
Should I get this?
I've been really wanting a leather or suede jacket for a while, but I generally don't like most leather jacket styles (DRs and Racers etc). I tried a band collar suede jacket recently and it became apparent that I really want something with a collar.
I've tried a couple from RO and tried one on in-store from SLP just the hell of it. I didn't like any of them.
Brands I like rarely make leathers and I wouldn't go to Aero or Falcon or something for it, I would only buy one from the labels I like and that's pretty limited.
I don't know what kind of leather this is, the white detail is just white paint. There's nothing on the back. Crushed viscose lining, snap button pockets.
I really am struggling to make a decision on this but that's just because of price. If it was cheap I would definitely get it. It would definitely fill a need, all my outerwear is either long coats, bomber jackets or overshirts. This is also the only picture I have access to for this piece, no refunds/returns.
Would mostly be wearing it with wool pants and black derbies or combats.
But I need to decide ASAP, end of the day. ****.

View attachment 922675
An easy pass. I usually like graphic elements on leather jackets, but that just looks disjointed, and the jacket itself looks pretty boring, tbh.

crazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the JG shearling is awesome. This trend of Black leather on black shearling really rocks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads